Website Transfer Agreement
- Bluehost Inc., hereafter referred to as Bluehost Website Transfer, provides the following terms of service. By using Bluehost's service(s) you, hereafter referred to as Client, agree to the following terms and conditions. This document outlines the terms and conditions of Bluehost's services, hereafter referred to as Service, the obligation of the Client and the obligation of Bluehost. Please review this document carefully before requesting Bluehost's Service. Bluehost Website Transfer provides its Service to the Client as subject to the following Terms of Service, hereafter referred to as TOS. The TOS may be updated at any time without notice to the Client.
Refusal of Service
- Bluehost Website Transfer reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. This includes, but is not limited to, refusal to serve clients whose sites contain content deemed adult related, sexual products, nudity, persecution, slander, illegal activities, illegal goods or drugs, information used to harm any people or animals, or information used to destroy other peoples intellectual property.
Bluehost Website Transfer will not use or disclose to others without Client's written consent Client's confidential information, except when reasonably necessary to perform the Service under this Agreement. "Confidential information" includes, but is not limited to:
- The written, printed, graphic or electronically recorded materials furnished by Client for use by Bluehost
- Client's business plans, customer lists, operating procedures, trade secrets, design formulas, know-how and processes, computer programs and inventories, discoveries and improvements of any kind
- Any written or tangible information stamped "confidential," "proprietary" or with a similar legend, and
- Any written or tangible information not marked with a confidentiality legend, or information disclosed orally to Bluehost, that is treated as confidential when disclosed and later summarized sufficiently for identification purposes in a written memorandum marked "confidential" and delivered to Bluehost Website Transfer within thirty days after the disclosure.
- Bluehost Website Transfer shall not be restricted in the use of any material which is publicly available, already in Bluehost' possession or known to Bluehost Website Transfer without restriction, or which is rightfully obtained by Bluehost Website Transfer from sources other than Client.
- Bluehost's obligations regarding proprietary or confidential information extend to information belonging to customers and suppliers of Client about whom Bluehost Website Transfer may have gained knowledge as a result of Bluehost's Service to Client.
- Bluehost Website Transfer will not disclose to Client information or material that is a trade secret of any third party.
- The provisions of this clause shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
- Please see our privacy and non-disclosure policies for additional information.
- Bluehost Website Transfer may transfer information about Clients if Bluehost Website Transfer is acquired by or merged with another company, in which case Bluehost Website Transfer will notify Client.
- Bluehost Website Transfer will not use or disclose to others without Client's written consent Client's confidential information, except when reasonably necessary to perform the Service under this Agreement. "Confidential information" includes, but is not limited to:
Client understands and agrees to the following scopes of responsibility of Bluehost Website Transfer according to each service which it provides:
- Website Transfer - The Website Transfer includes the migration of Client data, specified as files, databases and and email accounts, to the extent paid for by Client according to Bluehost's current migration service pricing. This service is provided "AS-IS" and Bluehost Website Transfer assumes no responsibility for the errors, omissions, or other problems related to the Website Transfer Service.
- Data Storage - This service provides as place of storage for Client's data for the stated period of time which the Client chooses upon signing up for this service. Bluehost Website Transfer assumes no responsibility for any loss or corrupted data caused by or in connection with this service.
- Client understands and agrees to the following scopes of responsibility of Bluehost Website Transfer according to each service which it provides:
Duties of Client
- Client must supply to Bluehost Website Transfer at the time of entering this Agreement information required to access and complete the Service in this Agreement. This includes but is not limited to, Internet Protocol (IP) address of server, completion of authorization statement, password and other information required to complete the Service. Client shall inform Bluehost Website Transfer of any existing errors, previous conditions, configuration changes, non-standard software, special circumstances or other reasons why the server may not be of a standard configuration or otherwise interfere with Service to be performed by Bluehost, failure to do so negates all responsibility of Bluehost Website Transfer to complete the Service. In the event that a Client with an open project does not make contact, by phone or by email, with Bluehost Website Transfer for a length of time equal to or greater than fourteen days, said Client's open project will be considered an abandoned project at that time and marked as completed by Bluehost. In addition, the Client must make known to Bluehost, in writing by email, any problems or issues related to the Service provided by Bluehost Website Transfer within fourteen days of order completion if Bluehost Website Transfer is to attempt to fix any errors, after which time the contract is complete, and no further work can or will be completed by Bluehost. Client agrees by signing up for Bluehost's Service that Bluehost Website Transfer provides a service and not a product.
- Client agrees to pay fees for any work or consultation which Bluehost Website Transfer performs for them in accordance with Bluehost's current pricing.
- Website Transfer is a service, not a product. Full refunds are only available if there have been no services rendered to the Client.
- Because the Website Transfer is a service and not a product , full refunds are not available once any kind of service has been rendered to Client. Bluehost Website Transfer prefers working with customers rather then seeing a Charge Back. If Client will contact Bluehost's billing department instead of issuing a charge back, then Bluehost Website Transfer can work with Client to achieve a desired results or an appropriate compromise. Client agrees that a maximum amount of fifty percent of the fees charged to Client for the Service in question during a Charge Back can ever be reimbursed to the Client. Client also agrees that a seventy-five dollar fee per charge back will be charged as a separate charge for any Charge Backs that Client issues.
- The parties acknowledge that they are independent of each other, and that they have no right or authority to assume or create any obligations of any kind, whether express or implied, on behalf of the other except as may be expressly provided in this Agreement. Bluehost Website Transfer is not an employee or agent of Client. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed to create a partnership, joint venture, agency or employment relationship between Bluehost Website Transfer and Client. Bluehost Website Transfer shall have no responsibility for any of Client's debts, liabilities or other obligations or for the intentional, reckless, negligent or unlawful acts or omissions of Client or Client's employees or agents. Client may not bind Bluehost Website Transfer in any way whatsoever with respect to third parties. Bluehost Website Transfer retains sole and absolute discretion, independence, control and judgment in the manner and means of doing business and performing services to Client and/or its clients. Client agrees to indemnify and hold Bluehost Website Transfer harmless from and against any such payments or liabilities for which Client may become liable with respect to such matters.
- Client agrees that Bluehost Website Transfer shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused by, or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or Service available on or through Bluehost's website or Service. Client understands and agrees that Bluehost Website Transfer shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses (even if Bluehost Website Transfer has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) The use or the inability to use the Service; (ii) The cost of procurement of substitute goods and Services resulting from any goods, data, information, Service, whether purchased or obtained, or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service; (iii) Unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party of the Service; or (v) any other matter relating to the Service.
- These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Utah without reference to conflict of law principles. The United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods shall not apply and is hereby expressly excluded. By subscribing to or using any of the Services of Bluehost, the subscriber, hereafter referred to as Subscriber, agrees that all disputes, if any, involving Bluehost Website Transfer shall be subject exclusively to the jurisdiction of the State and Federal Courts within the State of Utah; provided, further, that all action brought against Bluehost Website Transfer in State Court must occur in the Utah County, Utah and, if in Federal Court, in Salt Lake County, Utah. Subscriber hereby agrees that it is subject to the "in personam" jurisdiction of said courts for all purposes in connection with these Terms and/or in connection with any claim or dispute involving Bluehost. Subscriber hereby waives any and all objections that it has or might have, known or unknown, whether under Utah's long arm statute or otherwise, to the existence of said in personam jurisdiction. Subscriber agrees that it has no right to and shall not file or otherwise bring a lawsuit against Bluehost Website Transfer outside the State of Utah; and, that Subscriber, if involved before a court in a lawsuit outside of the State of Utah, shall be deemed to support and to stipulate to a motion made by Bluehost Website Transfer to dismiss said lawsuit with respect to Bluehost.
Copyright, Trademarks, Servicemarks
- BlueHost.com, the Bluehost Website Transfer logo, other Bluehost Website Transfer logos, product and service names are trademarks or service marks of Bluehost. Bluehost Website Transfer does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content or advertisements (collectively, the "Materials") contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the Services, nor the quality of any products, information or other materials displayed, purchased, or obtained by the Client as a result of an advertisement or any other information or offer in or in connection with the Service (the "Products"). Client hereby acknowledges that any reliance upon any Materials shall be at the Client's sole risk. Bluehost Website Transfer reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to make improvements to, or correct any errors or omissions in any portion of the Service or the Materials.
- Bluehost Website Transfer reserves all rights to work product. Work product includes, but is not limited to, the programs and documentation, including all ideas, routines, object and source codes, specifications, flow charts and other materials, in whatever form, developed solely for Client. Client agrees that Bluehost Website Transfer shall retain any and all rights Bluehost may have in the work product.
- The use of the Bluehost name, logo, or other identifying features is prohibited. If Client or anyone else wishes to use the Bluehost Website Transfer name or logo, they must have permission of Bluehost.
License to BlueHost.com
- BlueHost.com claims no ownership interest in the content of Subscriber's web site(s). By submitting content and data to BlueHost.com, Subscriber grants to BlueHost.com, its successors and assigns, the worldwide, royalty-free, and nonexclusive license under Subscriber's copyrights and other rights, if any, in all material and content displayed in Subscriber's web site to use, distribute, display, reproduce, and create derivative works from such material in any and all media, in order to maintain such content on BlueHost.com's servers during the term of these Terms. Subscriber also authorizes the downloading and printing of such material, or any portion thereof, by end-users for their personal use. This license shall terminate upon Subscriber's cancellation of the Services.
- The Service provided by Bluehost Website Transfer is on an "AS-IS" basis, and Bluehost Website Transfer expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to the Service or any materials and products. In no event shall Bluehost Website Transfer be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever with respect to the Service, the materials and the products.
Scope of Agreement
- This TOS constitutes the entire agreement between the Client and Bluehost Website Transfer and governs the Client's use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between Client and Bluehost. Client also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when the Client uses affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software. The TOS and the relationship between Client and Bluehost Website Transfer shall be governed by the laws of the State of Utah and the United States of America without regard to its conflict of law provisions. The failure of Bluehost Website Transfer to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOS shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOS is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, Bluehost Website Transfer and Client agree that the other provisions of the TOS remain in full force and effect. Client agrees that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Service or the TOS must be filed within one month after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Acceptance of Terms of Service
- If you (Client), for yourself or on behalf of one or more persons you are representing with respect to Bluehost's Services, do not agree to any of the foregoing terms, you must, for yourself and on behalf of any such person(s), discontinue the sign-up process, and, if you have already signed up, discontinue your use of Bluehost's Service. Beginning now, any continuation by you in using the Service constitutes for you and those represented by you an express affirmation and commitment to be (or to continue to be, as applicable) legally bound by and to comply with all of these terms.
This file was last modified: October 04, 2013.