Transferring Existing Domain
To resolve or point your domain name to another provider's DNS server:
1. Open a Web browser (e.g., Netscape, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.)
2. Type http://www.networksolutions.com in the address line then press the enter key
3. Click on the Account Manager | Log In button in the upper right-hand corner then Log in with your User ID and password
4. The Domain Details section (if you have more than one domain name, you will first need to click on the domain name you want to change) displays different options depending on where your domain name is currently pointing –to transfer the DNS to a new server :
5. On the Edit DNS page, in the Move DNS to a New Name Server section click on the Continue button
6. After reading the confirmation warning, click on the Continue button to confirm that you understand changing the DNS may cause loss of any services such as Web site, e-mailbox, or Web forwarding.
7. In the textboxes type established name servers or select from a list of existing name servers -- your entries should look like this:
You can only create new name servers that contain the domain name that you manage. For example, to create a new name server for the domain name janesbagels.com, enter NS1.janesbagels.com and NS2.janesbagels.com.
8. To confirm your DNS changes:
9. To make edits to the IP address at a later time, click on the Manage Host Servers button in the left navigation bar of Account Manager
Note DNS server changes may take 24 - 36 hours to update or propagate throughout the Internet. Please remember that changing the DNS could cause any associated Network Solutions services (e.g., Web sites, e-mailboxes, Private Registration) to become unavailable. Network Solutions strongly recommends that you do not change the DNS information unless you have been given specific instructions to do so.