Builder - How to Add Links
This article applies to the Bluehost Builder (our express website editor not connected to WordPress). For information about using the Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress), please see Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress) - How to Add Links.
If you are not sure which version you are currently using, please see Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress) vs Bluehost Builder for more information.
In Builder, you can add a link to text or any other element on your website. Links can connect your elements to another page on your website, a URL, an email address, a phone number, or a file.
Adding a Link
To begin, you will need to access the Bluehost Builder Editor.
- Click on or highlight the text or element you want to create a link from.
- Click the 'chainlink' icon to pull up the Attach link window.
- Select what type of link you would like to create:
- Page: Select the page you would like to link to.
- Web address: Enter the URL you would like to link and set if this should open in a new window.
- Email address: Enter the email address you would like to prompt visitors to send a message to. Set your preferred subject if desired.
- Phone number: Enter the phone number you would like to prompt visitors to call.
- Documents: Click the Upload documents button to select the file you would like to link to.
- Save changes when finished.
Updates will reflect within your Bluehost Builder immediately; however, you should still Save or Publish your site when finished.