Builder - Getting Started
This article applies to the Bluehost Builder (our express website editor not connected to WordPress). For information about using the Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress), please see Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress) - Getting Started.
If you are not sure which version you are currently using, please see Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress) vs Bluehost Builder for more information.
Bluehost Builder is an online website creation tool with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface alongside hundreds of themes, images, and design tools.
- Setting up your Site
- Designing your Site
- Publishing your Site
- Making Changes and Troubleshooting your Site
Once you have purchased your hosting account and you are ready to build your website, you will have the option to create one through WordPress or Bluehost Builder. To begin building a site with Bluehost Builder:
- Click the My Sites tab from the side navigation menu to the left.
- Click the Create New Site button.
- You will see the options to build a WordPress site or a Bluehost Builder site. Click to Use Bluehost Builder.
- Bluehost Builder will guide you through the setup:
- Category and Name: Choose a category for your site, and name it. You will be able to change the name later, but the category cannot be updated once set. When you're ready, click Continue.
- Cover Image: Choose a stock photo or upload the photo you would like to use for your cover, then click Continue.
- Logo: Upload your logo, then click Continue.
- Font: Choose a font pairing to stylize your website, then click Continue.
- Colors: Choose a light or dark theme, select your color palette, then click Continue.
- Navigation: This determines how your menus will appear. Choose your preferred style, then click Continue.
- Contact Details: Set your contact details, then click Continue. Note, this is not required - it just gives fans of your site a way to get in touch with you!
Once set up, you will have the option of taking or skipping a brief 'tour' tutorial. Get familiar with the Editor, and start designing whenever you're ready!
- Managing Pages
- Managing Blog Posts
- Managing Menus
- Managing Text
- Managing Links
- Managing Images
- Managing Files
- Managing Videos
- Managing Music
- Managing Contact Forms
- Managing Sections
- Updating Theme Style
- Adding an eCommerce Store
- Managing Products
- Managing Store Categories
- Setting Favicons
- Adding HTML Code
- Linking Social Accounts
- Managing SEO - Descriptions, Meta Tags, and Alt Text