Builder - How to Add and Manage Sections
This article applies to the Bluehost Builder (our express website editor not connected to WordPress). For information about using the Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress), please see Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress) - How to Add and Manage Sections.
If you are not sure which version you are currently using, please see Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress) vs. Bluehost Builder for more information.
In your Bluehost Builder, most of your website will be built in sections. For each section, you can add an element and then choose a template to create your content. If you would like to change the look or layout of a section you have already added, you can change to a different template, re-order it, or use design tools to customize your sections at any time further.
To begin, you will need to access the Bluehost Builder Editor.
- Navigate to the page or post you wish to add a section to.
- Click the + (Add Section) icon anywhere on your page, then choose which type of element you would like to add:
- Choose a template to display your content. Stock photos and filler text will be used as placeholders to give you an idea of where and how your content will appear.
To edit a section at any time, simply click on the section you wish to update. You should see that section/element's design options appear to the right. If you do not see it, you may need to move your mouse to your screen's far-right to pop it out. You can also re-order your section on the page or change the template it uses.
To re-order a section, simply click the ^ or the v icons to move the section up or down on your page.
- To change the template any particular section uses, click the 'Templates' icon to load a carousel of available templates.
- Drag templates to the center view to get a better look, and click on the template you would like to use.
To delete a section, simply click on the section you would like to remove, then click the Delete (trash can) icon.
Updates will reflect within your Bluehost Builder immediately; however, you should still Save or Publish your site when finished.