Our Certified WordPress Themes
What makes a theme Bluehost-Certified?
There are many WordPress themes available in the Bluehost Marketplace. One way to narrow down your search is to use the Bluehost-Certified filter. This filter works across all categories and will show you themes that Bluehost has vetted based on the following guidelines:
How-to access Bluehost-Certified Filter
Before you get started, make sure to log in first to your Bluehost control panel.
- Click Marketplace from the Left side navigation menu.
- Under Featured Products, click Themes.
- Then from the right corner of this section, select View All.
- On Website Themes, select Bluehost Certified under Filter Tile.
Design quality and theme functionality
- Theme’s overall design quality will be reviewed by the Bluehost Marketplace Team and may be a factor in determining eligibility (e.g., overall style, typography, design, colors, visual hierarchy, etc.)
- Item demo content must appear to be displayed correctly with no apparent visual problems.
- All expected components (title, body, comments, comment form, post meta, etc.) must be rendered correctly.
- Page navigation for demo content should be free of broken links.
- Must have a responsive layout (mobile-friendly).
- Must be compatible across all browsers.
Note: We generally require support for the two latest major versions of the primary browsers, such as Chrome and Safari.
Quick and easy theme installation
- The theme includes downloadable demo content layouts that simplify site design and setup.
- Upon installation, theme demo files and content should display actual images or placeholders for all demos in order to accurately demonstrate any content presented in the demo link(s).
Note: Demo content (images, site copy, etc.) is intended to be used for demonstration purposes of theme layouts or components and not for publishing or to replace actual site owner content.
- Demo installation should be simple. One-click demos are highly preferred and recommended, though not required.
- Should include well-documented theme and demo installation instructions.
- Support must respond within 24-48 hours Monday-Friday. Please be aware that holidays may impact response times.
Accurate, appropriate, and complete item descriptions
- Description of demo layouts must be included with the theme.
- Disclosure of image licensing.
- Suggested plugins should be listed in the item description.
- Appropriate disclosure of key theme features.
- Free of grammatical errors or confusing language.
Regular version updates
- Updates adhere to industry standards/best practices.
- Theme files must be compatible with the two most recent major versions of WordPress and PHP.
- The child theme is included/supported with theme purchase.
- The theme is compatible with the Gutenberg editor.
- Plugins suggested by a theme need to be up-to-date.
- Bluehost reserves the right to assess a theme’s overall site performance (e.g., page load and speed index) as a factor in determining eligibility.