Our Certified WordPress Themes
What makes a theme Bluehost-Certified?
There are many WordPress themes available in the Bluehost Marketplace. One way to narrow down your search is to use the Bluehost-Certified filter. This filter works across all categories and will show you themes that Bluehost has vetted based on the following guidelines:
Design quality and theme functionality
- Theme’s overall design quality will be reviewed by the Bluehost Marketplace Team and may be a factor in determining eligibility (e.g., overall style, typography, design, colors, visual hierarchy, etc.)
- Item demo content must appear to be displayed correctly with no apparent visual problems.
- All expected components (title, body, comments, comment form, post meta, etc.) must be rendered correctly.
- Page navigation for demo content should be free of broken links.
- Must have a responsive layout (mobile-friendly).
- Must be compatible across all browsers.
(Note: We generally require support for the two latest major versions of the primary browsers, such as Chrome and Safari.)
- Theme includes downloadable demo content layouts that simplify site design and setup.
- Upon installation, theme demo files and content should display actual images or placeholders for all demos in order to accurately demonstrate any content presented in the demo link(s).
Note: Demo content (images, site copy, etc) is intended to be used for demonstration purposes of theme layouts or components, and not for publishing or to replace actual site owner content.
- Demo installation should be simple. One-click demos are highly preferred and recommended, though not required.
- Should include well-documented theme and demo installation instructions.
- Support must respond within 24-48 hours Monday-Friday. Please be aware that holidays may impact response times.
- Description of demo layouts must be included with the theme.
- Disclosure of image licensing.
- Suggested plugins should be listed in the item description.
- Appropriate disclosure of key theme features.
- Free of grammatical errors or confusing language.
- Updates adhere to industry standards/best practices.
- Theme files must be compatible with the two most recent major versions of WordPress and PHP.
- Child theme is included/supported with theme purchase.
- Theme is compatible with the Gutenberg editor.
- Plugins suggested by a theme need to be up-to-date.
- Bluehost reserves the right to assess a theme’s overall site performance (e.g., page load and speed index) as a factor in determining eligibility.