Dropping columns from a database table using phpMyAdmin
It is recommended that you make a backup before you perform any destructive actions, such as dropping database columns. Without a backup, there will be no way to restore anything mistakenly deleted.
- Log in to your Bluehost control panel.
- Under the Database section, select phpMyAdmin.
- Select the database you want to work with (in the left column when you first access phpMyAdmin).
- Select the table you want to work with.
- Select Structure
- Place a checkmark next to the column(s) you wish to drop (delete permanently).
- Click on the Drop button underneath the list of columns.
- It will ask you if you really want to do this. Review what will be dropped to make sure the correct columns are being deleted, and then click Yes.
- A message stating that your SQL query was executed successfully will be displayed, and your columns will be gone.