Dropping columns from a database table using phpMyAdmin
It is recommended that you make a backup before you perform any destructive actions, such as dropping database columns. Without a backup, there will be no way to restore anything mistakenly deleted.
WARNING! Dropping columns in your database permanently deletes the column and all the data stored in that column. Make sure that none of your applications or websites rely on information contained in the column(s) you are deleting.
- Log in to your Bluehost control panel.
- Under the Database section, select phpMyAdmin.
- Select the database you want to work with (in the left column when you first access phpMyAdmin).
- Select the table you want to work with.
- Select Structure
- Place a check mark next to the column(s) you wish to drop (delete permanently).
- Click on the Drop button underneath the list of columns.
- It will ask you if you really want to do this. Review what will be dropped to make sure the correct columns are being deleted and then click Yes.
- A message stating your SQL query was executed successfully will be displayed and your columns will be gone.