Email Application Setup: Outlook 2011 for macOS
Create a New Email Account
- Open the Tools menu and choose Accounts
- Click E-mail Account.
- E-mail address: Your full email address.
- Password: The full case- and character-sensitive password for this email account.
- User Name: Your full email address again.
- Incoming server: This is typically your domain name preceded by "mail.", eg. mail.example.com
- Outgoing Server: This is the same as the Incoming server.
You may need to check the box to "Override default port" and use port 26 instead of the default port 25.
- Click Add Account.
Enable SMTP Authentication
Now that you've set up the email account, you need to enable SMTP Authentication.
- Open the Tools menu
- Select Accounts...
- Click E-mail Account
- Click More Options...
- From the Authentication drop-down menu, choose Use Incoming Server Info.
- Click Ok.
You're done! Outlook 2011 is now correctly configured to send and receive emails.