How To Copy A Database Using PHPMyAdmin
This tutorial will demonstrate how to copy or duplicate a database in phpMyAdmin.
- Log in to your Bluehost control panel.
- Under the Database section, select phpMyAdmin.
- Select the database you wish to copy (by clicking on the database from the phpMyAdmin home screen).
- Once inside the database, select the Operations tab.
- Scroll down to the section where it says "Copy database to:"
- Type in the name of the new database.
- Select "Structure and data" to copy everything. Alternately, you can select "Structure only" if you want the columns but not the data.
- Check the box "CREATE DATABASE before copying" to create a new database.
- Check the box "Add AUTO_INCREMENT value."
- Click on the Go button to proceed.
If you click on the home icon, you will notice your new database listed in the left column. If you go inside, you will see the database is a copy of the previous database.
If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us via Chat or Phone:
- Chat Support - While on our website, you should see a CHAT bubble in the bottom right-hand corner of the page. Click anywhere on the bubble to begin a chat session.
- Phone Support -
- US: 888-401-4678
- International: +1 801-765-9400
You may also refer to our Knowledge Base articles to help answer common questions and guide you through various setup, configuration, and troubleshooting steps.