Microsoft 365 - How to Upgrade and Downgrade a Microsoft 365 License
This article will walk you through the steps if you need to upgrade or downgrade your plan for a Microsoft 365 license.
Managing the account
- Log in to your Bluehost control panel.
- Once logged in, click the Email & Office tab from the left-side menu.
- From the Email & Office page, open Office 365 by selecting Manage.
- Click the three dots next to the email address to show the drop-down menu and select the Upgrade License option.
- Select the product from the drop-down menu and put a checkmark next to the Terms of Service field. Select Add to cart and proceed to the checkout to purchase the product.
- After the product has been added to the account, you will need to visit the Email & Office section to assign the new license if it is not attached. Click the Assign License button.
- A pop-up screen will appear and select Assign License once more.
- Select the Assign License to an existing user option.
Unassigning a User
- First, you will need to unassign the user within the Email & Office section.
- You will need to log into the Partner Center and find the user under the Users & Licenses section.
- Click on the user name you need to unassign the license from.
- You will need to uncheck the license and click submit.
Once the license(s) have been assigned, the user in the Email & Office tab of cPanel will display the option to Assign License and the number of licenses unassigned under the Microsoft 365 Licenses title.
You will need to contact support to unsubscribe.