Microsoft 365 - DNS
In order to purchase Microsoft 365 with us, your domain must first be pointed to Bluehost name servers. This is so that Microsoft can verify that you own your domain before attaching an email address to it. By ensuring ownership of your domain, we are able to protect you from fraudulent activity against it.
If you purchased your domain through Bluehost, it will automatically be pointed to our name servers. However, if you purchased your domain elsewhere and have not since pointed your domain to our name servers, you will need to update them in order for Microsoft 365 to begin working.
- In the left navigation, click on Domains.
- Select the Name Servers tab in the bottom right Summary box.
- Copy the name server information (see example below, your settings may vary)
- ns1.bluehost.com 18.104.22.168
- ns2.bluehost.com 22.214.171.124
- Navigate to the registrar whose name servers your domain currently points to, and change the name servers to those listed above.
Alternately, you can transfer your domain to Bluehost so that your domain is no longer registered through the third party registrar from whom you purchased. For more information on transferring your domain to Bluehost, please see Transfer your Domain to us.