Microsoft 365 - Setting up Email for Desktops
For this article, we will help you on how-to access your Outlook Email Online and set up your Outlook Email for desktop.
- To set up an email on your desktop machine, log in to the Microsoft portal using the Microsoft 365 username and password you created during the account setup.
- Once signed in, click the Outlook icon to use Outlook from your browser. To set up Outlook for your desktop, see Desktop Setup below.
- Sign in to Microsoft Login Portal.
- Click the Install Office button from the upper-right-hand corner.
- Once you click Install Office, click on Office 365 Apps.
- Ensure to allow and save the app file to your computer. Click the Save File to continue.
- Once the download is finished, open the file and follow the instructions to install the Office app on your computer.
- Open the Office app and log in using your Microsoft 365 email address and password to start using your Outlook email.
Refer to the Email Client Settings below, and based on your preferences (IMAP or POP), enter the server name, port numbers, and encryption methods for the Incoming Mail and Outgoing Mail servers. Take note: Incoming and outgoing server details are the same.
IMAP Settings POP Settings SMTP Settings Server:
Port: 993 Port: 995 Port: 587 Encryption: SSL/TLS Encryption: SSL/TLS Encryption: STARTTLS