My Sites Tab
Accessing My SitesTo access My Sites:
- Log into the customer's account through the CPM.
- Click the My Sites tab from the side navigation menu to the left.
Using My Sites
This section will allow you to add and manage new WordPress or Builder websites.
Adding a Site
- Click the Add Site button at the bottom of your list of current websites.
- Choose if this will be a WordPress or Builder website by clicking the Use WordPress or Use Bluehost Builder button.
- Enter your Site Name and Tagline.
- Select the domain you are installing for and the directory (if applicable).
- Choose any plugins you would like to include in the installation, then click the Next button.
- WordPress will be installed now. Once complete, you will be taken to a screen that displays login details. Take note of your password.
- You can now log in to WordPress to start building your website, or go back to My Sites to manage settings.
Use Bluehost Builder
- You will first be prompted to choose a Category and Name. Choose a category for your site, and name it. You will be able to change the name later, but the category cannot be updated once set. When you're ready, click Continue.
- Next, set your Cover Image. Choose a stock photo or upload the photo you would like to use for your cover, then click Continue.
- Now, choose your Logo. Upload your logo, then click Continue.
- Once you have set your logo, you will need to choose a Font. Choose a font pairing to stylize your website, then click Continue.
- Next, you can select a Color scheme. Choose a light or dark theme, select your color palette, then click Continue.
- Once your color scheme has been applied, you will be able to set up Navigation. This determines how your menus will appear. Choose your preferred style, then click Continue.
- Finally, you will be able to enter Contact Details. Set your contact details, then click Continue.
- Note: This is not required - it just gives visitors a way to reach out!
Once added, you will be able to manage WordPress and Builder sites here. Management options will vary between the two.
- Find the website you wish to manage.
- Click the Manage Site button to access management settings.
- Click the Log in (WordPress installations) or Go to Builder (Builder sites) button to access the site editor.
Managing WordPressWith WordPress websites, you will have the ability to manage Themes, Plugins, Users, Updates, Marketing and Performance options, Backups, and Security features. You can also view the site by clicking the View Site button or log in by clicking the Log in to WordPress button.
- To access Theme settings, start from the Overview tab.
- Click the Manage button under Themes.
- Here, you will see three sections; Active Theme, where you will see the theme you currently have set, Inactive Themes, where you will see any other themes associated with this installation, and Purchased Premium Themes, where you will see any premium themes that have been purchased for this site.
- To customize your current theme, click the Customize in WordPress button under your active theme in the Active Theme section.
- To activate a different theme, click the Activate link next to the theme you wish to set as default in the Inactive Themes or Purchased Premium Themes section.
- To purchase a new premium theme, click the Browse Premium Themes button in the Purchased Premium Themes section.
There are two different ways you can access Plugin settings; from the Overview tab, or from the Plugins tab.
- To begin from the Overview tab, click the Manage button under Plugins. This will log you into WordPress to manage your Plugins from the WP Admin Dashboard.
- Alternatively, you can click the Plugins tab to manage Plugins from the My Sites Dashboard. This will allow you to enable, disable, or update plugins currently installed without leaving your hosting account.
There are two different ways you can access User settings; from the Overview tab, or from the Users tab.
- To begin from the Overview tab, click the Manage button under Users.
- Alternatively, you can click the Users tab to manage Users.
- Start from the Overview tab.
- Click the Update all button under Updates.
- You should see the Updates button change to Updating...
- Allow some time for updates to complete.
Here, you will be able to manage Google Ads and Google My Business accounts.
Click the Marketing Center tab.
- Choose the Google Ads tab to manage advertisements
- Choose the Google My Business tab to manage your business on Google Maps
Here, you will be able to manage caching settings to optimize performance.
Click the Performance tab.
- Choose between delivery through a Single-server (Bluehost servers, US-based) or a CDN (Cloudflare, global).
- Use pre-set caching settings based on popular website configurations.
- Clear cache for your entire website or just specific URL's.
Here, you will be able to manage backups through CodeGuard.
Click the Backups tab. If customers have an active CodeGuard plan for this domain, you will see available backups.
If customers do not have an active CodeGuard plan for this website, you will see a prompt to purchase CodeGuard.
- Click the Restore button to restore any backup.
- Click Log in to CodeGuard to log into your CodeGuard dashboard.
- Click Create New Backup to generate a new backup.
Here, you will be able to manage Free SSL settings and additional security settings through SiteLock.
Click the Security tab. You will see options to toggle your free SSL on or off, access your SiteLock dashboard or upgrade your SiteLock plan, and scan your core files.
- Security Certificate: Here, you can toggle the free SSL on/off for your website.
- Malware Security: Here, you can click Upgrade to add features/functionality, or View Dashboard to access your SiteLock dashboard.
- File Integrity Check: Here, you can check file integrity. Click Scan Now to scan your core WordPress files.
Managing Bluehost BuilderWith Builder websites, there are fewer tabs for customization. You will see three tabs: Overview, Caching, and Settings.
- Overview: From this tab, you will be able to monitor website analytics, and set up or manage your blog or store.
- Caching: From this tab, you will be able to manage and clear caching.
- Settings: From this tab, you will be able to see options to Change your domain and Delete site.