Protecting the php.ini File From Being Viewed
To prevent people to viewing your php.ini file via a browser a few lines need to be pasted into the .htaccess file.
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Click on File Manager (if prompted, select the checkbox to view hidden files)
- Double-click on the public_html folder to open it
- Right-click on the .htaccess file and then select the "Edit".
- Paste the following code into the bottom of the file and then click save:
<Files php.ini> Order allow,deny Deny from all </Files>
Now your php.ini file is protected. This change prevents PHP hackers from finding exploits on your site.