How to Purchase a Comodo Private SSL
To ensure that no hacker can intercept and misuse information being collected online, our Comodo SSL certificate uses the highest 256-bit encryption to secure and protect your website's data from hackers. A Comodo SSL certificate is suitable if you accept credit card payments online. With this critical protection in place, you can feel confident that the intended parties can only decode any information collected online. For general information about SSL Certificates, check this article:
Purchase a Comodo Private SSL
To purchase the Comodo Positive SSL Certificate:
- Log in to your Bluehost.com cPanel account.
- Click the Marketplace tab from the side navigation bar to the left.
- Click on the Addons from the sub-menu.
- Scroll down and click the SSL Certificates icon.
- Click the domain ▼ button, then choose which domain you wish to install SSL.
- Select which certificate works best for you, then select Add to cart.
- Choose the Renewal Options you want for your SSL, then click Add to cart.
- Select your payment information.
- The credit card on file is the default payment method.
- If you wish to use another payment method, choose the Use New Credit Card option, then enter the new credit card information.
- Then click the Process Order button.
- Log in to your Bluehost.com cPanel account.
- Click on the Addons tab at the top of the screen.
- Select either Security to limit the options or scroll down to SSL certificates and select Learn more.
- Select the domain you need to install the SSL in the top right.
- Select the SSL Certificate you wish to purchase by selecting Add to cart.
- Check the Renewal Options you want for your SSL.
- Press the Add to Cart button.
Note: A dedicated IP is required for SSL. If one is not already on your account, it with automatically be added to the cart
- Select your payment method.
- The credit card on file is the default payment method. If this card you wish to use this, enter the CVV2 code to proceed.
- If you wish to use another payment method, click the "Change Payment Method" link. Select to use a new credit card or your PayPal account, and follow the directions on the screen.
The dedicated IP and/or SSL Certificate will now be automatically installed without further assistance from you or Bluehost support. Newly purchased dedicated IPs take 1-4 hours for internal propagation and up to 24-48 hours for external propagation. During this time, you may notice the URL for your website to change and include your account username. Our system uses this to help keep your website online during the IP address change. This is normal and will resolve itself automatically once propagation has been completed.
Install a Comodo Private SSL
The SSL Certificate will not be installed until you've completed this process.
Before Comodo issues an SSL (whether free or paid), they validate the request to have the SSL Certificate signed by them. Comodo validates the request by confirming the DNS or emailing the customer.
The SSL will be installed automatically once the provider validates the domain against the DNS.
An email will be sent to the whois admin email, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected]. There will be a validation link within the email and a code you'll need for the link's destination.
If your primary domain name is not pointing to our nameservers, you may wish to test receiving emails to make sure you can receive the validation email.
Once the request is validated, the Certificate is signed by Comodo and delivered back to Bluehost. Then our system installs the SSL Certificate for the customer.
Lastly, make sure the website displays HTTPS. You can implement a 301 redirect for most websites. However, for WordPress, you can use WordPress Tools to update the Site and Home URLs to include HTTPS for legacy accounts. For accounts on Bluerock, you can make this update through My Sites and navigate to Settings and make the update within the Site URL section. Alternatively, you can use a plugin to make it, so the website displays at HTTPS or manually update the URLs within the database. You can refer to Changing The Site URL.
Note: Legacy accounts will feature a horizontal navigation bar at the top of the screen, while Bluerock account users will see a vertical navigation menu on the left-hand side of the screen. If you are still unsure, what interface your account uses, please see Bluerock vs. Legacy to determine which step to follow.
Please see Comodo Positive SSL Certificate Seal for more information to display the Comodo PositiveSSL Seal on your website.
If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us via Chat or Phone:
- Chat Support - While you are on our website, you should see a CHAT bubble in the bottom right-hand corner of the page. Click anywhere on the bubble to begin a chat session.
- Phone Support -
- US: 888-401-4678
- International: +1 801-765-9400
You may also refer to our Knowledge Base articles to help answer common questions and guide you through various setup, configuration, and troubleshooting steps.