Resellers: Configure Customer Contacts in WHM
In WHM you can specify how your customers will contact you with support requests. These requests will come from the Submit a Support Request in the Advanced section of your customer's (resold account's) cPanel.
Configuring Custom Contacts
- Login to your Bluehost Control Panel
- Click the WHM icon.
- Click Configure Customer Contact, under the Support section.
- Choose one of the three options on how to handle the contact information
Display Contact InformationHere you can edit the information that is displayed when a customer uses the Contact, Support and Help links in their cPanel account.
- Check the Display Contact Information option.
- Enter the relevant information into the "Name", "URL" and "Email" fields.
Submit Request to Email or URL
- Check the Submit Request to Email or URL option.
- Choose to use either "URL", "Email" or "Pipe to a program" as the actions for the support emails.
- URL: This option would be best used if you have a ticket system or other application that you would like for your customers to use. They would be presented with the URL to click to submit the support request.
Email: This option will allow you to enter an email address that support requests will be sent to. You can choose which of the following information you would like included:
- the customer’s browser
- the customer’s domain name
- the server’s hostname
- the customer’s client IP
- the customer's username
Pipe to a ProgramYou can use this option to pipe the request to a program. To do this you will just need to enter the path to the program.
- Click the "Save" button.