SiteLock: Verifying Domain and Account Information
This article is intended for customers who already have SiteLock and want to begin using their accounts.
If you still don't have SiteLock or if you have questions about the product or your dashboard, visit this article, Getting Started with SiteLock, to learn more about how you can enjoy the benefits.
Verifying your information with SiteLock is a necessary step to creating a site with the SiteLock Trust Seal. This article can walk you through the necessary steps to verify your domains and account information with SiteLock.
- To verify your domain and account information, you will need to be logged into your SiteLock account by going to http://SiteLock.com/.
- Once logged in, you will be looking at your dashboard. Look for the following verification notices shown in the picture below:
- Click on Verify Domain, and you will see the following dialog box:
- As you can see, there are two ways to verify your domain; we will be dealing with the easier first option, as the method using code could potentially break your scripts.
- Click on the first Click here link in the dialog box, which will download an HTML file to your local computer.
- After the file is downloaded, you will need to log into your Bluehost control panel.
- Another popup will occur, the File Manager Directory Selector. Make sure to select Webroot to get into your public_html directory. If you open the home directory, that is fine. You will need to navigate to the public_html folder to ensure the file is uploaded to the correct directory.
- Once you are in the correct directory or public_html, please hit the Upload button on the top of your File Manager. You will then be taken to the following screen to upload the verification file.
- Once you have selected the HTML file from your local computer, click okay, and the upload will begin.
- Now that the file has been uploaded to your account, you will need to go back to your SiteLock Dashboard to finalize the verification. Get back to the Verify Domain dialog box from earlier, but click the click here link at the bottom. SiteLock will crawl your site to find the verification file we uploaded and successfully verify your domain.
- To verify your phone number, you need to check first that the phone number is correct and then click the Resend Code link next to your number. A dialog box will appear and confirm that you want to resend the verification code; click Yes. You will receive a phone call from an automated system providing you with a verification code.
- To input the verification code, click the Submit Code link next to your phone number on your dashboard and enter the provided code to verify your phone number.
- To verify your address, you need to check first that the address is correct and then click the Resend Code link next to your address. A dialog box will appear and confirm that you want to resend the verification code; click Yes. You will be mailed a verification code to the listed address.
- Once you have the verification code, click the Submit Code link next to your address on your dashboard, and enter the provided code to verify your home or business address.