VPS & Dedicated Hosting: Mounting Additonal Storage
This article will explain how to mount additional storage on a Dedicated or VPS Server. To begin, you will need to log in to your Bluehost Control Panel.
You can purchase new storage through the Addons tab of your VPS or Dedicated account.
- Click the addons tab at the top of your screen.
- Click add resources from the sub-menu below.
- In the Add Server Resources section, click the additional storage option to the left.
- Specify your storage upgrade preferences, and click the add to cart button.
- Complete the purchase to add the storage to your account.
Mounting StorageOnce purchased, additional storage will need to be mounted.
- Click the hosting tab at the top of your screen.
- Click performance from the sub-menu below.
- On the left side, click the Disk Management link.
- Action column, click the change button.
- Enter the folder path you would like to mount the storage to.
Note: This will be a folder on your server. Anything stored in that folder will be stored on this drive.
- If you want to copy data on that mount, point to the new drive select Copy Data. It is important to also check the option to Remove original data after the copy is complete, as this will allow for the space to copy the data to the new drive.
- Click Submit.
Note: If you chose to copy data, it may take some time to mount your storage.