VPS & Dedicated Hosting: Assign Dedicated IP
If you need to install an SSL certificate to a domain, or if you need a separate IP for one of your cPanel accounts, you will need to assign dedicated IP addresses. To assign a dedicated IP:
- Login to the Bluehost cPanel
- Click Addons.
- Choose the Manage IPs quicknav.
- Purchase an IP address by selecting the number of IPs to order and then, click Order Dedicated IPs.
You already have a certain number of free IPs depending on your hosting plan, but you still must process the free order for IPs to be provisioned for your server.
To get those, click Process Free Order in the checkout section.
To assign the IP's to specific domains:
- Go to the Addons page and click Dedicated IP.
- Click Dedicated IP Assigner.
- Select the cPanel account you want to assign an IP address to.
- Select the IP address you want to assign the account to and click Assign.
To un-assign, a dedicated IP, simply assign the account back to the shared IP.