VPS & Dedicated Hosting: Log in to WHM
The root password will be required anytime you would like to log into WHM. This article will explain how to log in to WHM on your VPS or Dedicated hosting account and how to reset that password.
Before you can log in to WHM, you need to create a Root password.
- Log in to your Bluehost Account Manager.
- Click Server from the left side menu.
- Navigate to the Access Management tab.
- Fill out the boxes by entering a new root password.
- Re-enter the new root password.
- Click the Update button once done.
Generally, if your domain is already pointed at and resolving to Bluehost name servers and the server IP, you can log in at the following URL:
If that doesn't work, you'll need to know your server's IP address.
Before you begin, please log in to your Bluehost Account Manager.
- Click the Server tab from the side navigation menu to the left.
- From the left side, navigate to the General Information section to locate your Shared IP Address.
That is your server's IP; with your server IP, you can log in to the WHM at either of the following URL's:
No matter which URL you use to access the WHM login screen, you must use the following credentials:
Password: Your newly created root password