VPS & Dedicated Hosting: Manage Login SSL Certificates
You will need an SSL Certificate to log in securely to WHM, cPanel, and webmail. You can purchase a signed certificate from an SSL certificate provider with the name of your choice, for example, secure.primarydomain.com or login.primarydomain.com. To install and manage the service certificate,
- Log in to the WHM by going to yourdomain.com/whm in a browser. Replace yourdomain.com with your domain.
- Once you get to the login page, enter your username and password.
- Username will be root.
- Password will be the root password for your server.
- If this is your first time logging into the WHM, you may see a page titled Feature Showcase. Click on Exit to WHM at the bottom of the page.
- In the WHM Search box on the left side, enter Service Configuration.
- Click on the Manage Service SSL Certificates from the list.
- For the Calendar, cPanel, WebDisk, Webmail, and WHM Services, click Apply Certificate to Another Service under Actions.
- Paste the .crt file in the space provided, and click Browse. The subdomain name will be displayed.
- Paste the content of the .key and the CA bundle files in the spaces provided.
- Scroll down and click Submit.
- In the Server Configuration section, click Tweak Settings.
- Click the Redirection tab.
- Click Save.