VPS & Dedicated Hosting: Sudo
To make managing your Bluehost Dedicated server even easier, we have built a tool to quickly grant Sudo access to your primary cPanel user. Note: This option is currently not available in Rock Accounts for the meantime.
Enabling Sudo Access
To enable Sudo access for your main cPanel, user you will need to do the following:
- Log in to your Bluehost control panel
- Click the Performance tab from the navigation menu that stretches across the top of your screen.
- Click the Access Management section from the navigation menu to the left.
- Click the Primary User tab.
- Click Enable under the Sudo Access.
Once done, your username will be added to the wheel group. If you create any additional users, you will need to manually add them to the wheel group, or modify the sudoers file, to grant them Sudo access. To see how to modify the sudoers file, please view this article from the CentOS wiki: How To Become Root.