Website Builder (for WordPress) - Getting Started
This article applies to the Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress). For information about using the Bluehost Builder (our express website editor not connected to WordPress), please see Builder - Design Guide.
If you are not sure which version you are currently using, please see Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress) vs. Bluehost Builder for more information.
Bluehost Website Builder makes it easy to create a professional, polished website in minutes. It integrates with WordPress, so you can make your site in Bluehost Website Builder and customize and publish it through WordPress. Basically, you get the benefit of a quick, modular builder with WordPress flexibility.
Once you have purchased your hosting account, you have two options for creating and publishing your website:
- The classic WordPress experience
- The Bluehost Website Builder
If your goal is to get a great-looking site up and running quickly, Bluehost Website Builder is the way to go. On the other hand, if you want detailed control over your website appearance or if you want to build a blog or an online store, the classic WordPress experience is probably best.
- First, log in to your Bluehost's account and click on the Manage Site tab from the side navigation menu to the left.
- Click the Create New Site button.
- You will see the options to build a WordPress site or a Bluehost Website Builder site. Click to Use Bluehost Website Builder.
- Bluehost Website Builder will guide you through setup, taking you through the following steps:
- Category and Name: Choose a category for your site, and name it. You will be able to change the name later, but the category cannot be updated once set. When you're ready, click Continue.
- Cover Image: Choose a stock photo or upload the photo you would like to use for your cover, then click Continue.
- Logo: Upload your logo, then click Continue.
- Font: Choose a font pairing to stylize your website, then click Continue.
- Colors: Choose a light or dark theme, select your color palette, then click Continue.
- Navigation: This determines how your navigation menus will appear. Choose your preferred style, then click Continue.
- Contact Details: Set your contact details, then click Continue. Note, this is not required - it just gives fans of your site a way to get in touch with you!