Weebly: Upgrade FAQ
We have chosen to upgrade to the newest version of Weebly to provide everyone who is hosting with us the latest and best tools available for building your website at no extra cost. To better educate on how this process works, we’ve included the following list of frequently asked questions.
- Custom headers and page sections — Choose between six different header types and control each one by adding images, logos, slideshows, menus, buttons, etc. Customize your page by including a site menu, social icons, contact form, logo, and more! Every custom section you drag onto the page works like its own mini-site and can contain multiple design elements like color, backgrounds, text, images, and video.
- New commerce system — Sell your products online and provide a consistent shopping experience across all devices. Select sophisticated storefront themes and choose from a variety of payment options, including Stripe, PayPal, and more. New product and category elements provide you with the flexibility of designing and laying out your online store. You will have full control of the entire process, from product creation to shipping configuration, payment processing, and order management.
- Store Design Elements — Easily drag and drop products or categories anywhere on your site to create beautiful stores and drive sales.
- Bulk Importing and Exporting — Quickly make bulk edits to your products, import and export batches of information, and implement key SEO terms to get found online.
- Tax Setup — Save time with one-click tax rates for the entire US, guidance for international rates, plus easily set by region, price, or manually.
- Shipping Management — Save time by using our shipping management tools, which enables you to easily configure shipping rates based on quantity, setting a flat rate per item or order, and offering free shipping based on order price or weight.
- Optimized One-Page Checkout — Get your customers through the checkout flow easier than ever with a simplified one-page purchase process.
- New membership system — Build a membership-based website that allows users to log in to access special content. Add members, build groups, and manage access all from the admin area. Further, you can add a “Register” button to the site allowing visitors to sign up to become members. The options will then be available to manually review each case for approval, simply automatically approve everyone, or even upload a .csv file with all the data for your member database.
- New blog system — Create blog posts with all of the same tools you have in the main editor. Other blog features such as archives, categories, RSS feed, comments, and more are at your fingertips. You can even schedule your posts to publish at a future date.
- New fully responsive themes — Create and manage a website that works everywhere for everyone. All Weebly themes have been optimized to resize automatically, so they look great on any device your visitors use to access your site.
- No more mobile-only theme editor — With the update to all new themes being fully responsive, the mobile-only theme editor is no longer necessary. Instead, for all tablet and mobile devices, your site will look very similar to the desktop version, only intelligently resized and optimized to look great on any screen.
- No more dedicated column element — Instead of creating columns from the tools menu, simply drag elements beside one another to create columns automatically. From there, you can wrap or resize to your liking.
- New spacer element — Add blank space anywhere on the page with a new “spacer” element.
- No “text + image” element — Add an image to text by simply dragging an image into a text box.
- Page management in the sidebar — Pages are now created and managed via the sidebar interface that won’t hide the page you are currently editing. Moving between pages, editing, and setting up the framework of your site is now done effortlessly.
- New image editor — New image editor includes features such as image cropping, filters, focus, and other adjustments like brightness and saturation. It is HTML-5 based and a huge update from the previous flash-based editor.
- New page type icons — After selecting which type of page you’ll be adding to your site, you can select an icon that best represents how you would like that particular page to be laid out. This icon will always show in the “pages” tab for reference.
- Open access to the HTML/CSS editor across all plans — For those comfortable with HTML/CSS code, this feature allows you to modify the source code of your site. Another way of doing this is to use the element called “embed code,” where you can actually copy/paste any kind of 3rd party tool or custom code into a specific page on your site. This includes Youtube videos, opt-in forms, etc.
- New element options user interface — All drag and drop elements have an updated option interface making setting element options much easier. Adjust spacing, add borders, link, align, caption, and more!
- Theme options — Additional customization options to many of the new responsive themes. Examples include navigation placement, header overlay settings, page width, etc.
- Theme gallery — An updated theme gallery user interface makes it easier to find and preview themes, view recently used themes, and manage custom themes.
- Custom color palettes — Color palettes allow you to choose both a primary and accent color to better personalize and brand your site. If you want, you can create default palettes that have primary and accent colors already defined. You then get to decide where those colors are used throughout the page.
- Video Backgrounds — Impress your visitors with high-quality video backgrounds. Choose from Weebly’s free video library or upload your own unique video to make header images and sections pop.