WordPress: Creating, Editing, Removing Posts
With an install of WordPress on your account, you may want to let people know about updates in your life or news that is happening to your business. Making a post can help you be able to do that. This tutorial will be a guide on how-to make a simple post for a site.
Adding a New Post
To get started, you would need to log in to the WordPress Dashboard.
- Log in to the WordPress Dashboard by visiting the blog and adding wp-admin to the end of the URL.
- Enter the Admin Username and Password.
- You are now in the WordPress Dashboard.
- On the left, you will see a menu with options for Posts. Click Add New.
This works similarly to most word processing programs. It allows to bold, italicizes, set alignment, add links, etc. To insert images click Add Media. Once you have uploaded the image, you can place it where you want in the post.
On the right, you have options to help organize your posts.
- Selecting the Category that you would like to have associated with will help with organizing.
- Adding Tags will help with searching for the article and relating to other articles.
- When the post has been composed, click the Publish button.
Your WordPress post has now been published.
Editing a Post
You have made a post and need to edit something to make it more relevant, or there is a spelling mistake you need to fix. Editing the post will save your life, or at least save your post.
- On the WordPress dashboard, click All Posts under Posts. This will list all the posts that have been made, whether published or drafts.
- In the search field at the top right-hand corner, you can type in any keyword related to the specific post you would like to remove, or you can scroll through your posts one by one.
- Mouse over the post that you need to edit and click Edit when it appears. This will open the editor for the post.
- When finished with the edit, click Publish.
Removing a Post
Sometimes a post is too old, or you do not like it anymore. You will need to remove the post.
- On the WordPress Dashboard, click All Posts under Posts. This will list all the posts that have been made, whether published or drafts.
- In the search field at the top right-hand corner, you can type in the post you would like to remove, or you can scroll through your posts.
- Mouse over the Post and click Trash.