WordPress: Preventing Spam
These steps will help you prevent users and robots from posting Spam on your WordPress blog.
- Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select Settings, then Discussion in the navigation bar on the left.
- From the Discussion page, scroll down.
- Check the box next to 'Users must be registered and logged in to comment'.
- Check the box next to 'Comment must be manually approved'.
- You can enter in words, phrases, or content into a box which will hold comments for you to moderate them.
- You can enter in words, phrases, or content into a box which will delete comments containing these things.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Save Changes.
Your WordPress blog has now been approved to fight against Spam.