How To Backup & Restore WordPress Using WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to use the tools available, whether you have a Legacy or a Rock account, to backup or restore your WordPress site. This is highly recommended, especially if the site is malfunctioning or has lost data.
Click on any of the tasks to jump to that point in the guide.
Bluehost Control Panel.
- Click on the My Sites tab from the side navigation menu to the left.
- Locate the site you would like to back up or restore, and click the Manage Site button.
- Click the Backups tab.
- Click on the WordPress Tools tab at the top of the account.
- Click the Backup link on the left side of your screen.
BluerockIf you do not have CodeGuard set up yet, you will be prompted to choose your plan. Select your CodeGuard preferences, and complete the Purchase.
- Under CodeGuard Backups, click the Create New Backup button.
Please note: Backup availability depends on your CodeGuard plan. This button will be grayed out if you do not have backups available.
- Using the Select WordPress drop-down, choose the WordPress site that you want to backup.
- Click the Create New button to the right of Saved Backups.
Doing a restore will completely erase the current WordPress site and replace it with the one from the backup so be sure you restore the correct backup. It is recommended you take a new backup of the current site before restoring it to an older date.
- Under CodeGuard Backups, locate the backup you would like to restore.
- Click the Restore button. A window will pop up with restore options.
- Confirm the date you would like to restore from by clicking the Restore button to the right of the date you are restoring from.
- Using the Select WordPress drop-down, choose the WordPress site that you want to restore from a backup.
- Under Saved Backups, find the backup you date want to restore from.
- Click the Restore button next to that backup.
- You will receive a popup message that states:
"The current WordPress installation will be completely replaced and this operation can not be undone. Are you sure you want to continue?"Click Ok to continue.
- When the restoration is finished, you will receive another message:
"Reload this page to see the changes from the restored backup?"Click Ok to continue.
The backups panel will be reloaded. You can now visit or log in to your restored site.