How To Backup & Restore WordPress Using WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to use the tools available, whether you have a Legacy or a Rock account, to backup or restore your WordPress site. This is highly recommended, especially if the site is malfunctioning or has lost data.
Click on any of the tasks to jump to that point in the guide.
To begin, you will need to be logged in to your Bluehost Control Panel.
- Click on the My Sites tab from the side navigation menu to the left.
- Locate the site you would like to back up or restore, and click the Manage Site button.
- Click the Backups tab.
If you do not have CodeGuard set up yet, you will be prompted to choose your plan. Select your CodeGuard preferences, and complete the Purchase.
- Under CodeGuard Backups, click the Create New Backup button.
Doing a restore will completely erase the current WordPress site and replace it with the one from the backup, so be sure you restore the correct backup. It is recommended that you take a new backup of the current site before restoring it to an older date.
- Under CodeGuard Backups, locate the backup you would like to restore.
- Click the Restore button. A window will pop up with restore options.
- Confirm the date you would like to restore from by clicking the Restore button to the right of the date you are restoring from.