Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Assigning A Dedicated IP Address To A Customer
In November 2014 Bluehost announced that it will no longer be accepting new shared Reseller hosting signups. As part of that announcement, Bluehost announced a partnership with ResellerClub wherein Bluehost is recommending ResellerClub as the hosting partner of choice for Reseller hosting.
To learn more about this change please see: Reseller Hosting Services FAQ
If your customer needs a dedicated IP address this is how you set one up.
Login to your Reseller Account
- Log into your cPanel account.
- Under the Reseller section or tab in cPanel
- Click Dedicated IP Manager
Dedicated IP Manager
- If you have any available Dedicated IP addresses available, you can assign them here based on the username of your customer's account. Note: There is a propagation time for the IP address once its assigned. The standard propagation time for changing an IP address is 6 to 8 hours, and the website can go down during this time.
- If you do not have any dedicated IP addresses to assign, you will need to click the link titled "order dedicated IP's for your customers.".
Recommended Help Content
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Reseller Account Transfers
To help with transferring of accounts from other servers to your account.
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Assigning Dedicated IPs
How to assign a dedicated IP to a domain on a dedicated server.
Configure Customer Contacts in WHM
How to update the Customer Contacts on a reseller account.
Related Help Content
VPS Dedicated Installing SSL
To help with installing an SSL certificate for an account on a dedicated server through the WHM
Where to Log In to Your Reseller Account
Explanation as to where a reseller and their customers will login to access their sites
Useful links for accessing the reseller WHM, cPanel and Webmail
Getting Started - Reseller
A quick guide to using your Reseller account
How to Add a New Hosting Account
Using WHM to add a resold account to your reseller account.
Reseller - Add a package
How to create a package on your Reseller account.
Installing the WildCard SSL on a Reseller account
How to install the provided WildCard SSL on a reseller account
Automatic Account Creation using ClientExec
How to automatically create accounts using ClientExec