Bluehost Web Hosting Help
SSL Installation of Self-Signed Certificate
Before you can use a Private SSL Self-Signed Certificate with your Bluehost hosted domain, we require your account to have a dedicated IP address. You can add a dedicated IP address to your hosting service from the Addons section of your Control Panel.
- Accessing the SSL/TLS Manager tool
- Generate a Private Keys (KEY)
- Generate a Certificate Signing Requests (CSR)
- Add your Certificate (CRT)
- Log into your Bluehost cPanel
- Open the TLS/SSL Manager tool, located in the Security section of the cPanel.
- Click on Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys
- Under the Generate a New Key section, select the desired domain from the drop-down list and select Key Size 2048 or 1024
- Press the Generate button
- Your private key will be displayed. Click Return to SSL Manager
- Back in the SSL Manager page, click Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests.
- Host: Choose your Main Domain Name
- Country: Enter the 2 digit code for the country in which you reside.
- State: Enter your State or Locality (Do not abbreviate).
- City: Enter the City (Do not abbreviate).
- Company: Enter your Company Name.
- Company Division: (Optional) You may use this to distinguish between departments.
- Email: Enter the address the certificate should be sent to.
- Pass Phrase: Enter a phrase to use for the passphrase (password).
- Press the Generate button.
- If you have entered valid information, you will be shown your CSR. (if it looks blank, click back and correct any information)
- Return to the SSL manager and click Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates
- Either paste your SSL Cert in the box or click the Upload button to upload the crt file.
- Click the Generate button.
- Contact us via Phone or Live Chat to request your KEY and CRT be installed on the server.
Recommended Help Content
SSL Installation of 3rd Party Certificate
I need to have an SSL 3rd Party Certificate installed for my domain.
Purchasing or Renewing SSL certificates
How to renew an existing SSL certificate--or purchase a new one, within your cPanel
How To Activate Free SSL Certificate - Free Wordpress SSL Setup
Bluehost now provides free free SSL certificates for all WordPress sites. This article describes how to activate the free SSL for a WordPress site.
Related Help Content
How to Download your SSL Certificate
This article explains how to download a copy of your SSL certificate.
Comodo Positive SSL Certificate Seal
Where do I get a copy of the site seal for my SSL I purchased through Bluehost?
What Is An SSL Certificate? How Much Is An SSL Certificate?
General Information about SSL Certificates
Manage Service SSL Certificates
How to add a new SSL certificate for your different WM services.
How to Upload an SSL Certificate to SiteLock
This article will explain the process for uploading an SSL Certificate to SiteLock's dasboard. The steps for accessing the SSL Manager may vary depending on which user interface your account uses.
VPS Dedicated Installing SSL
To help with installing an SSL certificate for an account on a dedicated server through the WHM
Wildcard SSL Certificates
How to use a WildCard SSL Certificate
SSL/TLS Certificates and Addon Domains
SSL/TLS Certificates and Addon Domains.