Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Managed WordPress (Beta) FAQ
- Why is this product marked "Beta" and what does that mean for my website?
- What is managed WordPress?
- What resources are measured when calculating my managed WordPress bill?
- What happens when I go over my visitor & storage resources?
- What are the top features of managed WordPress?
Why is this product marked "Beta" and what does that mean for my website?
This product is marked beta because we’re still testing and improving the interface. Security and performance elements have already passed third-party testing and meet our stringent guidelines. Customers who participate in the beta version will probably see changes and updates in the user interface over the next 3 – 6 months as we improve the experience.
What is managed WordPress?
Our managed WordPress platform is a fully-managed WordPress hosting environment, which means you can stay focused on building your website with content that is unique to you while we handle the daily maintenance of your server and the applications that keeps your website running strong.
What resources are measured when calculating my managed WordPress bill?
Each managed WordPress plan comes with a recommended allowance of resources. There is an allowance for the number of visitors and an allowance for storage. Visitors are measured by unique IPs your site receives. Storage is calculated by the maximum amount of disk space used by your website at any time during your billing cycle. The Resource Overview in your account helps you monitor your usage directly in the Bluehost dashboard.
What happens when I go over my visitor & storage resources?
Our goal is to support your website so that you do not experience performance degradation if your site goes over your plan's limits. At the moment, if your plan exceeds your resource limits nothing will immediately happen, as long as your usage falls within the Terms of Service of Bluehost. In the future, if your site exceeds those resources, we will recommend that you upgrade to a new plan.
What are the top features of managed WordPress?
- Marketing Center — Manage your SEO, Social Media and Email traffic channels all in one dashboard. Monitor the performance of your website and marketing efforts from the same dashboard.
- Detailed Analytics — Monitor your website traffic performance on a daily, weekly, or yearly basis. Already use Google Analytics? You can easily integrate your existing Google Analytics account into the Marketing Center to view your traffic channels.
- Improved Site Speed — All managed WordPress servers are built with Solid State Drives (SSDs) meaning your website outperforms websites hosted on traditional HDD servers. We do not oversubscribe the number of users on these servers, meaning more of the server’s resources are available to you when you need it. With managed WordPress, you can enjoy the fastest WordPress hosting available.
- Fully Managed — Managed WordPress hosting means you enjoy automatic updates to your WordPress install as well as automatic updates to the server environment so that your website is always on the fastest and most stable technology stack available.
Recommended Help Content
How To Migrate An Existing Wordpress.com Site
If you have a WordPress blog hosted on WordPress.com, you can easily export it and import it to WordPress that is installed on your hosting account with bluehost. Login to the WordPress Data
Managed WordPress Disallowed Plugins
Managed WordPress Disallowed Plugins
Login to WordPress with WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to login to a WordPress site using WordPress tools.
Related Help Content
How To Install WordPress - WordPress Installation Guide
Learn how to use WordPress, WordPress started as just a blogging system, but has evolved to be used as full content management system and so much more through the thousands of plugins, widgets, and themes now available.
Tips and tricks to make your WordPress blog load faster
Change WordPress URL's With WordPress Tools
This article will explain how to change the Site URL or Home URL setting in WordPress. This may be useful if you have moved your WordPress site or are planning to move your WordPress site.
WordPress - Theme Seller Support
When you purchase a theme subscription you get access to Seller Support, the Theme Seller’s support forum. From there you can contact the theme developer for help with general theme-related issues.
WordPress Access with Maestro
You will be given a WordPress Administrator role once the site owner accepts your request. This article explains what level of access you will be provided once verified.
Core Files Warning In WordPress Tools
This article will explain why you see "Your WordPress site appears to be infected with malware. Please update to remedy this problem."
Logging in and Using WordPress: Preventing Spam
Prevent Spam These steps will help you prevent users and robots from posting Spam on your WordPress blog. Inside the WordPress Dashboard, select Settings in the navigation bar on the left. From the G
Install WordPress using Marketplace
We provide a program which makes it very easy to install third party scripts to your hosting account. If you want your website to have a WordPress blog, you can use MOJO Marketplace to install WordPress.