How To Setup Email On iOS Devices - Apple iPhone, iPad Email Setup
This article will show you how to setup email on your iOS based device, such as an iPhone or iPad.
To view the correct settings for your email account, log in to your Bluehost control panel and go to the Email tab and select Email Configuration from the side menu.
- New Account Information
- Incoming Mail Server
- Outgoing Mail Server
- Cannot Verify Server Identity
- Mail and Notes
- How to store Sent, Drafts and Trash on the server
Configure Your iOS Device
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Passwords and Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- Choose Other.
- Choose Add Mail Account.
- Enter your name.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter the password for your email address.
- Tap Next.
- Host Name. This is typically your domain name preceded by "mail." You can find your specific mail server This can be found in the E-mail Accounts section of the cPanel, under More > Configure Mail Client.
- User Name. Your email address.
- Password. The password for your email address.
- Host Name. The same as the incoming server.
- User Name Your email address.
- Password. The password you use to access your email account.
- Tap Next.
The final screen will ask if you want mail and notes turned on for this account. Leave them both on and tap Save.
- Leave Mail and Notes set to on.
- Tap Save.
- Go to Settings > Mail.
- Choose your email account.
- Scroll down to Advanced.
- Under Mailbox Behaviors, choose the mailbox you wish to configure.
- Choose the corresponding folder on the server you wish to save the email in.
- Repeat the above steps for any other folders you wish to store on the server.