How To Setup Outlook 2013 On Windows - Outlook 2013 Email Guide
This guide will show step-by-step instructions for setting up email on Outlook 2013 for Windows. While it can be used for other versions of Outlook, some screens and steps might vary.
Add a New Account:
- Select the File menu and choose Info
- Click the Add Account button.
- Choose Manual setup or additional server types
- Click Next.
- Choose POP or IMAP.
- Click Next.
- Your Name: Enter your full name as you want it to appear on your outbound emails.
- Email Address: Enter your email address.
- Type: Click the drop-down menu and select IMAP or POP. We recommend IMAP.
- Mail Servers: mail.example.com, where example.com is your domain name.
- User Name: Enter your email address again.
- Password: Enter your email password.
- Check the box to remember your password.
- Click More Settings.
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box.
- Make sure it's using the same settings as your incoming mail server.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- The server port numbers you'll type here depend on the account and connection type you're setting up. Refer to your Email Configuration Settings, as necessary.
- Click OK.
- On the E-mail Accounts window, click Next.
- Click Finish.
You're done! Outlook 2013 is now correctly configured to send and receive emails.