Free WordPress Migration
Starting on April 23, Bluehost began offering free website migrations for qualifying WordPress websites within the first 30 days after signup. The offer includes the transfer of one WordPress website and the ability to review the site before it goes live.
This offer will be available for a limited time, starting April 23, 2020.
- Transfer of one WordPress.org site
- Additional sites must be covered under a paid website transfer*
- Additional WordPress sites nested in sub-directories count against this quota
- Emails are not included
- Transfer completion estimated 2-3 days after receiving valid previous hosting credentials
Please note: Domain name transfers are not included. If you need to transfer your domain name, please see Transferring a Domain Name to Us.
|Customer Qualification||Website Qualification|
If you do not qualify for the free migration offer, you can still request a professional migration. To learn more about how Bluehost can give you peace of mind and save you the hassle of moving your website, please visit our Professional Services page.
Signing up for the Free WordPress Migration Offer
You will be able to claim your free migration through our site at signup, or within the first 30 days of signing up from the Marketplace.
- Navigate to our WordPress Migration page.
- Click the Migrate For Free button. You will see a 5-step plan and eligible hosting plans.
- Choose your hosting plan, and click the Select button to add it to your cart.
- Set your domain name, and complete the Bluehost account creation.
- Once your account has been created, locate the Migration Services page in the Bluehost Marketplace within your dashboard.
- In your Bluehost dashboard, fill out the free migration contact form.
- Our team of migration experts will contact you to review your WordPress website.
- Once qualified for a free site migration, we'll take care of moving your website to Bluehost.
From the Marketplace
If you have just signed up for a shared hosting plan, you can also see the offer in the dashboard:
1. Once signed in, click the Marketplace tab from the side navigation menu to the left.
2. From Pro Services, click on Site Migration.
3. Click Get Started Now. You will be prompted to “purchase” the website transfer for $0.
4. After a successful “purchase”, you will receive an email from “websitetransfer”. The email will provide 4 steps about what to expect from the service:
- Complete the Website Transfer Form
- We copy your data
- Review and resolve
- Activating website
5. You MUST click on the link in the email and fill out the website transfer form. The website transfer form link will take you back into your Bluehost dashboard to the existing website transfer form.
6. Once the form is submitted, our Professional Services team will reach out to you within 48 hours to let you know if you qualify for the free migration and provide any next steps, if necessary.
Pro Tip! If you need further assistance with your WordPress website after it has been migrated, our BlueSky Team can teach you more about managing and building your site.