How to Create an FTP Account
Access the FTP Manager
To begin, you will need to login to your Bluehost account.
- Click the Advanced tab from the side navigation to the left of the account.
- Choose FTP from the sub-menu, or click the FTP Accounts icon from the Files section. Either will bring you to the FTP Accounts page.
- Click the Hosting tab from the navigation menu at the top of the screen.
- Choose FTP Manager from the files section.
Create a New FTP account
Once you have accessed the FTP Accounts page, these steps will explain how to create an FTP account.
- Under the Add FTP Account section, choose your preferred domain name.
- Enter the Username:
- Please note that the username will automatically have your domain added to the end. Example: email@example.com
- Enter the password you would like to use into the Password and Password (Again) boxes.
- Please note the password strength indicator must show 20 or better before the password will be accepted.
- Choose the directory you would like the FTP account to have access to.
- This will be filled in automatically with the username you entered.
- This will correspond to a directory on your account.
- If the directory does not exist it will be created.
- When this FTP account connects they will be taken to this directory.
- The FTP account will not be able to access anything outside this directory.
- Entering "/" will give this FTP account full access to your files.
- Select a Quota. You can choose unlimited or enforce a maximum size for this FTP account.
- Click the Create FTP Account button when finished.