How to Create an FTP Account
This article will help you create multiple FTP account other than the default. This is useful when working with your multiple developers, as it can provide you access to only the sites they are working on.
To begin, you will need to log in to your Bluehost control panel.
- Click the Advanced tab from the side navigation to the left of the account.
- Click the FTP Accounts icon from the Files section.
- Click the hosting tab from the navigation menu at the top of the screen.
- Choose FTP Manager from the files section.
Once you have accessed the FTP Accounts page, these steps will explain how to create an FTP account.
- Under the Add FTP Account section, choose your preferred domain name.
- Enter the username in the login field:
- Enter the password you would like to use into the Password and Password (Again) boxes.
- Choose the directory you would like the FTP account to have access to.
- This will be filled in automatically with the username you entered.
- This will correspond to a directory on your account.
- If the directory does not exist, it will be created.
- When this FTP account connects, they will be taken to this directory.
- The FTP account will not be able to access anything outside this directory.
- Entering "/" will give this FTP account full access to your files.
- Select a Quota. You can choose unlimited or enforce a maximum size for this FTP account.
- Click the Create FTP Account button when finished.