How to Create an FTP Account
To begin, you will need to log in to your Bluehost control panel.
- Click the Advanced tab from the side navigation to the left of the account.
- Click the FTP Accounts icon from the Files section.
- Click the hosting tab from the navigation menu at the top of the screen.
- Choose FTP Manager from the files section.
Once you have accessed the FTP Accounts page, these steps will explain how to create an FTP account.
- Under the Add FTP Account section, choose your preferred domain name.
- Enter the username in the Log in field:
- Please note that the username will automatically have your domain added to the end. To select another domain name from your list, make sure to click the small drop-down arrow in the domain field. Example: email@example.com
- Enter the password you would like to use into the Password and Password (Again) boxes.
- Please note that the password strength indicator must show 20 or better before the password will be accepted. You can also use the Password Generator, and this will allow you to give you a strong password, but please take note of it before proceeding to the next step.
- Choose the directory you would like the FTP account to have access to.
- This will be filled in automatically with the username you entered.
- This will correspond to a directory on your account.
- If the directory does not exist, it will be created.
- When this FTP account connects, they will be taken to this directory.
- The FTP account will not be able to access anything outside this directory.
- Entering "/" will give this FTP account full access to your files.
- Select a Quota. You can choose unlimited or enforce a maximum size for this FTP account.
- Click the Create FTP Account button when finished.