Microsoft 365 - Temporary Password and Password Resets
After purchasing a Microsoft 365 license and assigning a user to that license, the user is provided a temporary password, which they must copy to their clipboard manually. Bluehost only issues temporary passwords to Microsoft 365 subscribers as a measure of increased security.
Use the provided temporary password to log in to Microsoft for the first time. After logging in for the first time, Microsoft will prompt users to set their own custom password.
If a user has failed to save their temporary password, they must reset their password to receive a new temporary password.
In the event that a Microsoft 365 user needs to reset their password, the administrator can take the following steps to provide said user with a new temporary password:
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Navigate to Microsoft 365: Logging in to Microsoft 365.
- From the Office 365 management page, find the user whose password needs to be reset.
- On the right-hand side of that user’s management tile, open the ellipses “...” menu and click Reset Password.
- Copy the newly generated temporary password to your clipboard.
- Distribute the copied password to the user.
The user can then log in to the Microsoft portal with the temporary password. Once logged into Microsoft, the user can choose their own password.