Resellers: Automatic Account Creation using ClientExec
Client Exec is an application used to help manage your clients. While Bluehost does not support the software itself, we do support the installation and setup. To begin installing Client Exec, follow the instructions below.
- Login to your Bluehost Control Panel account.
- Click the Billing icon under Reseller Management Tools.
- Make sure that Client Exec is selected and then click Continue.
- Choose the URL that your customers will use in order to complete an order for hosting services, create tickets, etc.
- Enter a new password for ClientExec.
- Open a new tab or window in your web browser and enter the URL you just specified in the previous steps.
- Log in using the Log In button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Note: The username will be the email address on your Bluehost Account.
- Choose Settings, from the Setup menu.
- Under Setup update your Company URL and Name.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Update button.
General Setup Settings
- Click the Signup tab.
- Scroll down until you see a section for Prompt for domain username and password, then click No.
- Again scroll all the way to the bottom and click Update Settings.
- Click the Billing tab.
- Update the billing email address to an address on your hosting account.
- Click on the support tab and change the support email address, This will also need to be an existing email address on your account.
- Go back to the Setup menu and choose Servers.
- Instead of creating a new server, you can simply choose on the existing server and click Edit.
- Server name is not important (can be whatever you want)
- Hostname needs to be the hostname for the box.
Note: You can find the hostname under the stats section of the reseller cPanel.
- The Shared IP section needs to be the IP address of your account.
- This too can be found under the stats section of the cPanel tab.
- Select cPanel under the Plugin section.
- Click the Name Servers tab.
- Now that we are on the Name Servers tab we need to get both reseller name servers setup in ClientExec.
- Click the Add Nameserver button.
- Hostname: set it to ns1.resellerdomain.com and ns2.resellerdomain.com with their respective IP addresses.
Note: The IP addresses can be found by performing a dig on ns1.rhostbh.com (ns2.rhostbh.com will be shown in the additional section).
- Click the Plugins tab.
- Username: This is your cPanel username (found under the Stats section of the resellers cPanel)
- Access Hash: Found in the Setup Remote Access Key section of WHM.
- Login to your Control Panel and click WHM.
- Click setup Remote Access Key, located under the Cluster/Remote Access.
- Set Use SSL to Yes.
- Click Update to save the settings.
- From the Setup menu choose Plugins.
- Click Order Processor tab in the right column.
- Click the Yes radio button to enable the Order Processor.
- Click Update to save the changes.
- Once you do this.
- Payment Processors tab next to the services tab you are currently on.
- The steps for each payment processor will vary a little, but you need to make sure that you Enable the option in signup and click Update to save the settings for that payment processor.
- Choose Products/Addons from the Setup tab.
- Choose or create a new a package to associate with a particular server (remember that we just setup a server earlier in the process).
- Once having selected a package, you can edit the setting for it here.
- You can edit the name, description, etc.
- Click the Advanced tab and associate a server with this package.
- Enter the Package Name, This would need to have been previously been created.
- It is a good idea to copy and past the name of the package (including the username) so that you can get it exactly.
- Click Update.