SiteLock: Trust Seal
- What is the SiteLock Trust Seal?
- How the Trust Seal Works
- Installing and Customizing your SiteLock Trust Seal
- Trust Seal FAQs
Trust plays an important role in the success of any eCommerce site. Online shoppers tend to cancel their order/s, and others will not feel comfortable sharing information if they see your site as a fraud. So, for your online business to survive, you must influence your target market's trust and remove their doubts by securing your site. One way of doing this is by displaying a SiteLock Trust Seal on your site. Once your customers see this, they will know that they are viewing a secure and malware-free site. The Trust Seal is a badge that you can integrate on your website to ensure customers feel safe visiting and providing information to your site.
If a scan fails, site visitors will not be alerted to any problem. The SiteLock seal will simply continue to display the date of the last good scan of the website. If the site owner fails to rectify the problem, SiteLock will remove the seal from the site and replace it with a single pixel transparent image within a few days. At no point will SiteLock display any indication to visitors that a website has failed a scan.
- After installing the Trust Seal on your site, it pulls the data from our scanners running on your website, not through the Firewall.
- If our scanners determine your website is clean, it will display Passed in green along with the date it verified it was clean.
- If our scanners have detected malware or vulnerabilities on your site, the Trust Seal will be removed automatically if not resolved within 72 hours.
- Your website will have the Trust Seal back after you have fixed these issues.
- Clicking on the Trust Seal will bring up a new window, showing the following details:
- Company Name - This will display your business’s name.
- Domain -This will display your domain name.
- Phone -This will display whether we have verified your phone number. If it says otherwise, please contact us so we may verify it.
- Address -This will display whether we have verified your address. If it says otherwise, please contact us so we may verify it.
- Verified spam-free -This will display the last date our scanners determined your site to be spam-free.
- Verified malware-free -This will display the last date our scanners determined your site to be malware-free.
- Secure SSL -This will display the last date our scanners detected your SSL.
To install the Trust Seal, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your SiteLock account by going to http://SiteLock.com/.
- Once logged into your Dashboard, look near the top of the main page and click the Shield button.
- On the next page, you should see the three steps you need to complete. Click on Step 1 to initiate the process.
Step 1: Choose a language
- Choose your preferred language.
- Next, select which language you want the Trust Seal to display by using the drop-down box.
- Once done with the configuration, click the Next button to continue.
Step 2: Choose Color, Size, and Style
Here you can change the size, color, and style of the Trust Seal.
- Customize the way your Trust Seal looks using the drop-down menus. All options you select will update the example Trust Seal on the right.
- When you are finished making these changes, click the Next button to continue.
Step 3: Install the SiteLock Trust Seal
- Copy the code below.
<a href="#" onclick="window.open('https://www.sitelock.com/verify.php?site-bigbearslair.com','SiteLock','width=600,height=600,left=160,top=170');"><img class="img-responsive" alt="SiteLock" title="SiteLock" src="//shield.sitelock.com/shield/bigbearslair.com"/></a>
- Insert the code into your website.
- Once done, click the Save Configuration Settings button.