SiteLock: Trust Seal
- What is the SiteLock Trust Seal?
- Customize your SiteLock Trust Seal
- Installing the SiteLock Trust Seal
- Additional Instructions
The Trust Seal is a badge that you can display on your website to ensure customers feel safe visiting and providing information on your site.
If a scan fails, site visitors will not be alerted to any problem. The SiteLock seal will simply continue to display the date of the last good scan of the website site. If the site owner fails to rectify the problem, SiteLock will remove the seal from the site and replace it with a single pixel transparent image within a few days. At no point will SiteLock display any indication to visitors that a website has failed a scan.
- Log in to your SiteLock account by going to http://SiteLock.com/
- Once logged into your Dashboard, scroll to the very bottom, where you will see the "SiteLock Trust Seal" section as shown in the following picture.
- Choose your preferred options from the following list of customization items:
- Floating Badge Checkbox: With the checkbox checked, your seal will float on the page. This means that the seal will always stay in the bottom right corner of the website and regardless of where the user scrolls on the page.
- Language Dropdown Menu: Use this dropdown menu to choose the desired language for the seal. You will see a preview of how the seal will look on the left.
- Color/Size Dropdown Menu: Use this dropdown menu to choose your seal's desired size, color, and look. You will see a preview of how the seal will look on the left.
- Copy the code from the text box
- Paste the code into your website's code.
Generally, the seal should be placed in the footer of your website's code. However, it can be pasted in the footer, header, or any specific place you would like the seal to be seen by visitors.
- If you are using the Floating badge, paste the seal in the footer, and the seal will automatically be shown in the bottom right corner of your site at all times; otherwise, paste the HTML code in the preferred section of your website. Generally, it should be pasted in the footer.
- For BaseKit, you can use the Embed widget located under the Content section. Click and drag the Embed widget to where you would like the badge to be (Please note that a floating badge will display in the bottom right corner regardless of where you put this widget). Click the gear icon from the floating menu when the widget is selected. Paste the code in the white text box that appears at the bottom of the page. Finally, click Save Settings.
- For Weebly or the CM4all tool, the SiteLock Dashboard has specific instructions located in their FAQ under "Badge Installation."
For more information on contacting SiteLock support, please see SiteLock Support.
SiteLock has released its 2020 Annual Security Review. Kindly visit our article by clicking here. It will show you what they protect you from.