Troubleshooting: Images not Displaying on Website
In WordPress, one of the common causes for the images not loading on your website is having an issue in WordPress Media Library. The media library contains the pictures, videos, audios, and other media files uploaded in the WP Admin dashboard. Usually, it is the incompatible plugin, theme, incorrect file permission, or file location causing the problem.
If the images are uploaded in the correct location with the proper file permission and code references each image correctly, you may have HotLink Protection enabled. You need to add your domain/subdomain to the URLs to Allow Access list found within HotLink Protection. You should specify both with and without the www's if you want the images to display from both URLs.
To test out the plugins or theme, here are some basic troubleshooting steps you can follow. Before you get started, please log in to your WordPress Dashboard. Also, please create a backup copy of your website. Click here to learn more.
- On the main menu to the left, click Plugins.
- Click on the checkbox Plugin to select all and choose Deactivate from the Bulk Actions drop-down menu.
- Select Apply to proceed.
- On the main menu to the left, click Appearance.
- Under Appearance, click Themes.
- On the list of your themes, activate a different template from the one you were currently using. (Take Note, this will not remove your current theme settings).