Website Builder (for WordPress) - How to Publish your Website
This article applies to the Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress). For information about using the Bluehost Builder (our express website editor not connected to WordPress), please see Bluehost Builder - How to Publish your Website.
If you are not sure which version you are currently using, please see Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress) vs Bluehost Builder for more information.
You can publish your site in two ways: use the Bluehost Website Builder or use WordPress.
If you're comfortable with Website Builder, follow the three steps below. If you want to publish through WordPress, read further down the article.
The outcome will be exactly the same either way—your site will be live, so pick whichever you prefer.
To begin, you will need to access your Bluehost Website Builder.
- Select the Publish button from the top right corner of the screen.
- You'll see a progress window pop up. Once your site publishes, it will display either a temporary URL or the domain you have linked to your Bluehost Website Builder.
- Click on the link to visit your live site. Here is a quick walkthrough down below:
To begin, you will need to access your WordPress Dashboard. Once logged in:
- Select Dashboard from the upper left-hand corner to open the WordPress Admin Dashboard.
- Toward the top of the page, you will see a message that your site displays a "Coming Soon" page with a link to launch your site.
- Click that link to publish your website.
- Apart from that, if you're not able to see a Coming Soon Display Page, you can also Publish it by clicking Customize your Site button.
- Click Publish button from the upper left navigation.
- You can also save it as a draft or schedule the publishing of your website by clicking the little gear icon beside on Publish button.
You will have the option to publish a single page or post from your WordPress Dashboard. Preview and Publish buttons are present towards the top right-hand corner of pages and posts you create.