WordPress: Disabling Trackbacks
When you use WordPress for your site or blog, you may want to disable trackbacks. This article will show you how-to do that.
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard. In the main menu, scroll over Settings then select Discussion.
- From the Default Article Settings section, uncheck the box for “Allow link notifications from other blogs (pingbacks and trackbacks)”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.
This will disable Trackbacks on all posts and pages you create from now on. However, any posts or pages you have already created will probably still have Trackbacks enabled.
- To disable trackbacks on a previously created post or page, go to the editor for the post/page.
- Once you open the post/page. From the right-hand side navigation, scroll down and navigate through Discussion and click the drop-down arrow.
- Uncheck the box for “Allow trackbacks and pingbacks on this page”.
- Click Update on the post/page to save your changes.