How To Find Your WordPress Database
This article explains how to locate the WordPress databases used by your Bluehost hosting account. This information could be helpful if you want to use a tool like phpMyAdmin to access the database.
To obtain the database information, access the hosting account's files and open the WordPress wp-config.php file. This file contains the database information.
- Log in to your Bluehost Account Manager.
- Once logged in, find and click the WordPress Hosting tab on the left side of your Account Manager dashboard.
- Click FILE MANAGER under Quick Links.
- Look for the website file you want to get the database information for.
- Once in the cP File Manager, ensure you are in the correct folder where your WordPress site files are located.
- Locate the wp-config.php file in the list of files in the cP File Manager.
- Click the Edit icon from the Toolbar, and a popup window will appear. Alternatively, highlight the file or folder and right-click your mouse to show a drop-down menu. Click Edit, and then the same popup window will appear.
- To launch the code editor, click the Edit button on the popup window.
- Locate the line that reads define('DB_NAME', 'example_database') once you are in the file editor. Typically, it is usually around line 19. The second term enclosed in single quotes is the database. In the sample screenshot below, it is example_WPPXG.