WordPress: Enabling XML-RPC
This article will explain how to enable XML-RPC from within the WordPress Admin Dashboard. XML-RPC needs to make posts from a desktop client or the Bluehost Engage panel.
- Log in to the WordPress Dashboard by adding wp-admin to the end of the URL.
- Enter the Admin Username or Email Address.
- Enter the Admin Password.
- Click the Log in button.
XML-RPC functionality is turned on by default. If it's not enabled, you may follow these steps:
- Click the Settings tab from the side navigation menu to the left.
- Click the Writing from the sub-menu.
- Locate the Remote Publishing section, put a check in the checkbox, and then click the Save Changes button.
Important: If you no longer see this option in your Settings for Remote Publishing, it means that the Remote Publishing is already enabled by default. If in case you want to disable it, you need to install a plugin: Disable XML-RPC.
Pro Tip: If you want to modify or configure the XML -RPC on your dashboard, you can visit this article WordPress XML-RPC to search for a plugin that works best for you. For more information on how to install a WordPress plugin, you may also visit this article, WordPress: Installing Plugins.
If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us via Chat or Phone:
- Chat Support - While you are on our website, you should see a CHAT bubble in the bottom right-hand corner of the page. Click anywhere on the bubble to begin a chat session.
- Phone Support -
- US: 888-401-4678
- International: +1 801-765-9400
You may also refer to our Knowledge Base articles to help answer common questions and guide you through various setup, configuration, and troubleshooting steps.