Bluehost Web Hosting Help
Access Mail Logs on Dedicated or VPS Servers
This article will explain how to view the email logs on a Dedicated or VPS server. This may be useful if you are experiencing trouble with your email.
Click on any of the steps to jump to that point in the walkthrough and see more details.
Login To The WHM
You will need to be able to login to WHM on your server. This requires knowing the root password for your server. If you don't know the root password or haven't set one up, please see https://my.Bluehost.com/hosting/help/whm-login#root-password.
- Login to the WHM by going to yourdomain.com/whm in a browser. Replace yourdomain.com with your domain.
- Once you get to the login page, enter your username and password.
- Username will be root.
- Password will be the root password for your server. If you don't know the root password or haven't set one up, please see https://my.Bluehost.com/hosting/help/whm-login#root-password.
- If this is your first time logging into the WHM, you may see a page titled "Feature Showcase". Click on Exit to WHM at the bottom of the page.
Access Mail Logs
From the WHM home page, click the email icon.
On the email page there are several that give you information on email activity.
- View Sent Summary:
- This tool shows the total number of message delivery attempts for each domain. This information is divided into successful and failed attempts, and shows the total number of bytes sent by each domain.
- Mail Queue Manager:
- This tool allows you to view and manage email messages queued for delivery.
- Mail Delivery Reports:
- This tool allows you to find and review messages sent from and received by your server. You can see whether each message was delivered successfully. You can also view details about each delivery attempt.
With the information that you can access, you should be able to find out what happened to any message that went through your server.
Recommended Help Content
Restarting Mail Services on Dedicated or VPS Servers
This article will explain how to restart the email related services on a Dedicated or VPS server. This may be useful if you are experiencing trouble with your email.
Clearing the Mail Queue on VPS and Dedicated Servers
This article will explain how to clear the outbound mail queue on a dedicated or VPS server.
Error Code 500 on Dedicated and VPS Servers
This article will explain some common causes for 500 errors on Dedicated or V.P.S servers.
Related Help Content
Raw Access Logs
What are Raw Access Logs and how do I view them?
VPS and Dedicated Hosting: Enabling FTP on New Servers
This article will explain how-to enable FTP on a newly provisioned VPS or Dedicated cPanel server. Since FTP is an unsecured connection point to the server, cPanel has it disabled by default in version 11.86 or prior.
Managing Users on a VPS or Dedicated Server
This article will explain how to create and manage users on Dedicated or VPS servers.
VPS and Dedicated Hosting: Third Party Applications
VPS and Dedicated servers come with all applications necessary to run a standard web and email server. The applications that come with the VPS and Dedicated servers are generally supported as-is by our support technicians.
Using SSH to View the Mail Queue on Dedicated or VPS
This article will explain how to view the outgoing email queue or exim queue in SSH.
Enable Non Legacy Backup on Dedicated or VPS Servers
This article will explain how to configure your dedicated or VPS server to use the new (non legacy) backup system.
Email Blacklisting on Dedicated or VPS Servers
What to do if an IP on your VPS or Dedicated server is blacklisted.
VPS or Dedicated Hosting - Using Multiple cPanel Accounts To Set Custom Nameservers
How to setup name servers for multiple cPanel accounts.