Access Awstats without logging into cPanel
- Download Awstats: http://awstats.sourceforge.net
- Extract the contents of the file to your computer.
- Use an FTP client to upload the contents of the /cgi-bin and /icon folders into the root of your domain (both are located in the "wwwroot" folder).
- Change the permissions of the awredir.pl and awstats.pl files to 755 (in the /cgi-bin directory).
- Download the Awstats configuration file created by cPanel:
- Open this file with a text editor, search for the "DirIcons" line, and change it to show: DirIcons="/icon/"
- Upload the modified file to the /cgi-bin folder.
- You may now access your statistics at http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?config=yourdomain.com
Bluehost Suggests creating a subdomain such as stats.yourdomain.com and redirecting it to the above URL to make it easy to access; it is also possible to alter the directory name where the icons are loaded, but make sure the folder path is defined correctly in the .conf file or the icons will not work properly.