How to Backup a MySQL Database
There are three options available to backup your MySQL databases.
Rock vs. Legacy.
- Select Site Backup Pro from the Files category after logging into your Bluehost control panel.
- Click the Browse link underneath the MSQL databases and tables.
- From the Backup section, click the ▼ icon, then choose the preferred types of backup along with the date and time from the drop-down menu that appears.
- After choosing the preferred type of backup, click the checkbox for the preferred archive database and date.
- Click the download zip.
- Log in to your Bluehost control panel.
- Click the phpMyAdmin icon in the Databases section.
- Select the database you wish to backup the list on the right.
- Click on the Export Tab.
- Choose your preferred Export method by clicking the radio button.
- Click this▼ icon to choose the database format (e.g., SQL, CSV, XML, PDF, etc.).
- Click the GO button.
- You will be asked to save the .sql file to the hard drive; select the desired path, and click the OK button.
This can take a significant period of time, depending on the size of the file being imported, the number of operations the .sql file must perform, and a number of other variables.
Enter the following command to export your database:
mysqldump -u username -p database_name filenamehere.sql
Please see the separate Help Desk article here.
After pressing Enter, you will be prompted for your MySQL password. Enter your password, and this will export a copy of the database into your specified filename.
If you need assistance with any of these procedures, please contact our Support department.