How to Backup a MySQL Database
There are three options available to backup your MySQL databases
Site Backup Pro is not available to users on Rock accounts. For more information, please see Rock vs Legacy.
- Select "Site Backup & Restore" from the Files category, after logging into cPanel.
- Click the "Browse" link next to Databases.
- Select the desired archive date.
- Select the desired database.
- Click "download zip"
- Login to your cPanel and click phpMyAdmin icon in Databases section.
- Select the database you wish to backup the list on the right.
- Click on the Export Tab.
- Click the GO button.
- You will be asked to save the .sql file to the hard drive; select the desired path, and click the OK button.
This can take a significant period of time, depending on the size of the file being imported, the number of operations the .sql file must perform, and a number of other variables.
Enter the following command to export your database:
mysqldump -u username -p database_name filenamehere.sql
Please see the separate Help Desk article here.
After pressing Enter you will be prompted for your MySQL password. Enter your password and this will export a copy of the database into your specified filename.
If you need assistance with any of these procedures, please contact our Support department.