How To Cancel My Hosting Account
This article covers what you need to know about canceling your hosting account and how to receive your refund.
Before requesting cancellation, we ask that you log in to your Bluehost account and confirm the following:
- Confirm that you have all the necessary backups of your emails, files, and databases and that the Renewals Department can proceed with canceling and deleting all emails, files, and databases associated with your account from our servers.
- Confirm that you understand DNS Zone changes will no longer be available, and to receive those services, you will need to point your name servers to another provider or renew your hosting.
- Confirm that you understand canceling your hosting account will delete all websites and website files for all domains on your account.
Canceling Your Hosting Account Now
Your hosting account with Bluehost can be canceled within the first 30 days for a full refund. Please contact us at 888-401-4678 (the U.S. only - International customers, please visit Bluehost.com for contact options) to cancel your hosting account.
If you've forgotten your password, just click Forgot Password on the login screen, and we'll send you an email with a link so you can update it. Before contacting us, please ensure the following:
- You know the last four characters of your Bluehost main password.
- The email address listed in the Profile section of your account is current.
Canceling Your Hosting Account at the End of the Current Term
- Log in to your Bluehost control panel.
- Click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Select the Products from the drop-down
- Click the Renew button next to your Hosting account.
- Choose Do Not Renew from the renewal options presented.
- Select a reason for cancellation (optional) to provide feedback, then click the Continue button.
- Log in to your Bluehost control panel.
- Click the Account tab.
- Click the renew sub-tab.
- Select the Do Not Renew radio button, select a reason, and then click continue.
Your account will be canceled on the expiration date.
All refunds are processed on or by the next business day after the hosting account has been canceled. It is then up to your financial institution to process the refund and return it to you. It can take up to 10 business days for the refund to show in your account. If it has been more than 10 business days and you still have not received your refund, please contact your financial institution as they may have the funds on hold for you.
Bluehost is required to send all refunds to the financial account the funds were charged from. If you have closed a credit card or other financial account, we are still required to attempt to refund that account. When the financial institution receives the funds, it will be up to them to decide what to do with the funds. Generally, they will do one of the following:
- If you still have an account with them but have a new credit card number, they will forward the refund to your open account.
- They will place a hold on the funds and wait for you to contact them about processing the refund.
- They will reject the refund and return the funds to Bluehost, at which point we will issue a refund by check or PayPal.
Refunds issued by check are limited to addresses within the U.S. and Canada. They will be mailed to the contact address we have on file, so please make sure your mailing address is up to date before you process the cancellation. For addresses not within the U.S. and Canada, refunds will be issued by PayPal. Refunds issued by check and PayPal may take 4-6 weeks to arrive.
Please Note: The option to have refunds issued by PayPal is available for those within the U.S. and Canada.
Refunds issued via PayPal will be issued to the PayPal account used to make the purchase and usually arrive within 24 hours.
The refund policy for hosting accounts has been updated. The following changes are now in effect for all new hosting accounts created on or after 4/1/2017. For more information, you may visit this article Refund Policy. You may also call our Customer Service just dial 888-401-4678.