How to Update Your Contact Email Address
The contact email address on your account is a significant detail that allows the email account holder to receive important updates, billing notices, and more. Most importantly, the email account holder has the ability to change the main account password, which gives them full possession of the account. For these reasons, it is critical that the email address on file belongs to the account owner.
Update your contact email address by following the steps outlined below. Please note, these will vary depending on which type of account you have.
- Log in to your Bluehost Account Manager.
- Click on 'account settings' (the profile icon next to your name).
- Choose My Profile from the drop-down menu that appears.
- In the Profile section, click the EDIT link toward the top right-hand corner.
- Enter your preferred email address, then, click Save.
- You will see a pop-up prompting you to confirm your password. Enter your password, and click CONFIRM.
- Once you have confirmed your password, you will see a pop-up reminding you that this will also change the Registrant information for your domain and will result in a 60 day transfer lock. Check the box to confirm Yes, I want to save profile edits, and then click the SAVE button.
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner, then choose Profile from the drop-down.
- On the Profile page, under Contact Information, enter your new email address.
- Click Save Changes.
We highly recommend using an email address that is not associated with your hosting account.
If you no longer have access to the contact email address and cannot remember your main account password to log in and update it manually, we'll be happy to assist you over the phone. However, we require verification to ensure that the hosting account owner is the one requesting the change for your protection. In addition, you must meet the following requirements:
- It should be the person whose name is on the account.
- Should be calling from the phone number in the account.
- Verify the current contact email address.
- Verify one of the following:
- The full Validation Token for your account.
- The full 6-digit Security PIN on your account.