How to Update Your Contact Email Address
The contact email address on your account is a significant detail that allows the email account holder to receive important updates, billing notices, and more. Most importantly, the email account holder has the ability to change the main account password, which gives them full possession of the account. For these reasons, it is critical that the email address on file belongs to the owner of the account.
Update your contact email address by following these steps:
- Log in to your Bluehost control panel.
- Go to the Account menu.
- On the Profile page, under Contact Information, enter your new email address.
- Scroll down and click Update.
Update By Phone
If you no longer have access to the contact email address and cannot remember your main account password to log in and update it manually, we'll be happy to assist you over the phone. For your protection, we require verification to ensure that the owner of the hosting account is the one requesting the change. You must meet the following requirements:
- Be the person whose name* is on the account.
- Be called at the phone number on the account.
- Verify the current contact email address.
- Verify one of the following:
- The last four characters of your main account password.
- The full PIN number on your account.
If you cannot meet these requirements, please contact the account owner for assistance, or ask a customer support agent what else you can do to verify your ownership of the hosting account.
* For security purposes, we will not confirm the name we have listed on file.