Before an agent can provide you with account-specific information, they need to validate that you have authorized access to the account. When you're asked for validation, simply provide the single-use 6-digit validation token to the agent you're speaking with.
Click the account icon in the top right-hand corner, then click the Validation Token from the drop-down.
The validation token is found by clicking the Validation Token at the bottom of any page in the control panel, or you can add the token to your mobile device using an authenticator app like Google Authenticator. If you've already set up two-factor authentication (2FA), then the token is already on your mobile device. The validation token uses the same authentication code as 2FA.
After you've installed an authenticator app, follow the steps below to add validation tokens to your device:
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Click the account icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Click the Security from the drop-down.
- Scroll down at the bottom and look for the Two Factor Authentication section.
- Use the app to scan the QR code or manually enter the Secret Key to link your Bluehost account to your device.
If you haven't already secured your account with two-factor authentication, you're just one step away. Check out our Two-Factor Authentication article.