Website Builder (for WordPress) - How to Add and Manage Sections
This article applies to the Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress). For information about using the Bluehost Builder (our express website editor not connected to WordPress), please see Bluehost Builder - How to Add and Manage Sections.
If you are not sure which version you are currently using, please see Bluehost Website Builder (for WordPress) vs. Bluehost Builder for more information.
In your Bluehost Website Builder, most of your website will be built in sections. For each section, you can add an element and then choose a template to create your content. If you would like to change the look or layout of a section you have already added, you can change to a different template, re-order it, or use design tools to customize your sections at any time further.
- Adding Sections
- Editing Sections
- Re-ordering Sections
- Changing a Section's Template
- Copying Sections
- Deleting Sections
To begin, you will need to access the Bluehost Builder Editor.
- Navigate to the page or post you wish to add a section to.
- Click the + icon (Add Section), which appears between the existing section throughout your page. The Sections menu will open, displaying all of the sections you can add.
- Choose the section type you want to add, and the builder will display the different layout sections available for that section.
- Select the layout you want, and the new section will appear on your page in the split where you selected the + icon (Add Section). In addition, stock images and filler text will be displayed as a placeholder for your own content.
You can also add a section by selecting Sections from the menu on the left to reveal the section and layout options. After you choose a section and a layout, you’ll see the new section on your page.
To edit a section at any time, click on the section you wish to update. You should see that section/element's design options appear to the right. If you do not see it, you may need to move your mouse to your screen's far-right to pop it out. You can also re-order your section on the page or change the template it uses.
To re-order a section, click the ^ or the v icons to move the section up or down on your page.
- To change the template to any particular section uses, first, select the section to edit the layout. The option will show up on the right-hand side navigation to edit.
- Under Layout, click the right or left arrow to change the Section's template. Here is an example below:
- Click on the section you want to edit.
- From the upper right corner. Click the Duplicate icon to copy the section on your webpage.
To delete a section, click on the section you would like to remove, then click the 'Delete' (trash can) icon.