How to Enable WP_Debug
Debug mode is highly useful in troubleshooting a WordPress site that is showing errors or not working correctly. Enabling debug will help you identify the cause of the issue.
This article will walk you through how to enable debug using the WP-config file.
To begin, you will need to access the Bluehost Control Panel.
- Click the Advanced tab from the side navigation menu to the left.
- Locate the File Manager tool under the Files section.
- Navigate to the broken website's folder.
Note: If this is not the primary domain, identify which folder the broken website is being hosted in.
- Locate the wp-config.php file.
- Right-click this file, then choose the edit option.
- Scroll down to find the define( WP_DEBUG, setting. Update this to reflect:
- Click the Save button when finished.
Open the website again to generate the error, then check error logs.
Note: Make sure to set the value back to False when you have finished troubleshooting if you changed the setting.